Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • So long Ed…
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

12 years old and he finally gave up today.

Night mate. I’m sure there’s Jumbones where you’re going.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bummer, hope it was peaceful and painless.
    😥

pjm84
    Free Member

So sad. I have 2 Boxers. One is 10 years old (slow and grey), the other 18 months (Loony).

Celebrate his life. I’ve been through it with cats and dogs and it’s never easy.

cinnamon_girl

Aw, such sad news. Treasure those memories cos dogs are ace.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He’d had enough. He collapsed Boxing Day and was out cold for about 5 minutes. Was OK straight after. He couldn’t walk to the end of the garden yesterday, and couldn’t get up today. The Vet couldn’t do anything so it was time to go.

The Kids are asking where Eddie is and I can’t pull myself together enough to tell them. Wifey will have to do that.

donsimon
    Free Member

dogs are ace.

Dogs are very ace.

Be strong.

bigsi
    Free Member

😥

Got a 16 year old Collie X lab who’ll not be with us much longer by the looks of it.

Just hope i don’t have to make the call & can let nature takes it course 😥

Remember the good times.

sweepy
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁

jedi

my heart goes out to you 🙁

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Sorry mate, never nice.

Si I’d say you’re looking at things the wrong way, when the time is right make the call and don’t let the dog suffer.

bigsi
    Free Member

I’d never let the dog suffer which is why i just hope its a old age thing rather than anything else.

oxnop
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dog.

You’ve done a hard but ultimately the right thing.

Im sure he is surrounded by endless quantities of jumbones and the odd bitch 🙂

easygirl

Christ, so sad
    Ours went 2 years ago and I’m sat here with tears in my eyes

sofaking
    Free Member

sorry for your loss. went through this just over 3 years ago with our old dog( family member).
    it will get easier day by day

emsz
    Free Member

Oh that’s awful.

I’m sure you did the right thing, you can’t let dogs suffer

ton

worst day of my life, when my old labby died.
    feel for you mate. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes worst day of my life when my dog died as well
    Heart goes out to you and the family

duckman

Difficult as it seems,that was your last and hardest act of kindness for you mate.I know,it gets better.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Gutted. Still miss mine, 6 years on…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah Jeez. Sorry Scotch. 🙁

Hope you have lots of fond memories once you’ve got over today. Cheerio Ed.

racefaceec90

i’m sorry to hear that 🙁

tonyd

Sorry to hear that, never nice. I’ve been looking for an excuse for a wee dram so will raise a glass to Ed later.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I know how you must feel we lost our Sassie ( golden retriever) after 14 years, but I did take some solice because I could be kinder to her than I could my father.

crying now sorry

derekrides
    Free Member

Sorry chum, wasn’t that long ago I had to hold my old boy while the dappy women vets who couldn’t lift him stuck the needle in. I know your pain.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Never easy losing part of the family. My cat is 19 years old. Hope she has a few more miles in the tank. RIP Ed.

takisawa2

A few days off 4yrs since my old Westie Jack Russel went in my arms. (At the vets). Hardest decision I’ve ever made. He looked straight at me & it was like I felt his pain ease as he slipped away.
    Fair well to your old chap & healing vibes your way.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss Scott. It’s never easy to make the call to set them free. Had to do it with one of our cats last year and it wasn’t nice. 🙁

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stand down Ed..

I’m dreading the day I have to make that call..

busydog
    Free Member

One of the toughest decisions that life presents us, IMO.
    Always look back at all the unbridled love you got over the years.
    Mrs Busydog and I send our sympathy

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gutted for you. It’s a day I dread going through again but all the great memories and unconditional love make it worth while.

Inbred456
    Free Member

You think you’re going to be all rufty tufty and do the right thing and be brave and all that bollocks and it tears your heart out. Remember the good times then go out and get another one!

samuri
    Free Member

Bummer. Makes you glad for the good times, of which there are a huge amount with dogs. You made his life good, that’s what counts, eh?

Our dog has just been begging to get up on my lap, she saw me go in the fridge so she’s hoping for a treat. Bad dog!

I’ll miss that enormously when she’s gone.

brokensoul
    Free Member

You made the call he’d have wanted. Well done.
    Remember the love.

konabunny
    Free Member

🙁

(((ed)))

bullheart
    Free Member

Good man. You did the right thing, not the easy thing, and that kind of action denotes a real love and respect.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

In the last 18 months he’s gone from being a giddy lump to a creaky old man. He was a big lad; my Dad always said he was a dog and a half long.

Still, I remember him bounding around in the snow on Blencathra, and when he knicked a giant Toblerone from under the Xmas tree; he was pooing tinfoil out for weeks.

Daft as a brush, like all Retrievers.

Don’t fancy the idea of a new one. Not yet.

willard

It’ll take time. Don’t rush it.

Bad luck mate, I know how you feel.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sounds like you have some great memories to hold on to. Take care.

Run free Ed!

Karinofnine

Oh, so sorry, you must be devastated, I was when I had Sam put to sleep.

It’s the last and greatest kindness you can do for a faithful friend who has given you so many good times and so much love.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…
    xxx

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. Telling kids is almost as hard as losing the pet itself.

When my mum passed away I told my son, he was almost 5, that she had went upo into the sky and had become a star. Anytime he wanted to see her he just had to look up at the sky and she’d be there. Might be a good way to tell them about Ed?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘So long Ed…’ is closed to new replies.