• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mmb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So I got a Mayhem Solo place…
  • bikey
    Free Member

Just opened my emails and blow me down I’m in! I really didnt expect to get a solo place as they only limited it to 135 solo places this year.It looks like I am gonna have buckle down and actually do some training now. Any other soloists here? I live near Portsmouth if you fancy some long Sunday rides out?

Matt

Just got mine too.
    I finished 101st in 2009 riding super solo.
    Mrs MTQG will be doing her best to support me this year, in between her laps as part of a team of 10, so I’m hoping I’ll improve on that.

bikey
    Free Member

Hello Graham
    Well done on the solo place. Can I ask what is a super solo place? I am not too worried about placings as I just want to be able to ride the whole 24hrs and live to tell the tale. Any helpfull hints or gems of wisdom from a MM solo finisher would be gratefully recieved. I am ok with the obvious things like food, fluids, good shorts/saddle interface.

Matt

Super solo just means unsupported.
    I had some friends turn up for moral support in the morning, but for the first day and overnight I was on my own.
    It makes a big difference if you know you’ve got someone waiting for you at the end of each lap to hand you food and drink, help with any maintenance that needs doing and give you an update on your position.

Edit;
    I think I actually rode for 14 hours of the 24 to get 101st.
    The trick is just to keep moving, no matter how slow and don’t fall asleep overnight. 😳

oldgit
    Free Member

Do they now class unsupported soloists in a seperate group? I always thought that’s what a solo should be, as opposed to a huge team effort.
    Hope you both have good weather.
    I’ll do them agin one day, but for the forseeable future I’ll be MTB’less.

No it’s not a separate category, it’s just an unofficial definition.

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s real though innit.

amt27
    Free Member

limited it to 135 solo places

how many places was it last year?

i was a solo virgin last year, will be gutted if i don’t get in this year, but only sent my form off on thurs, last year i sent it well over a week after entries opened,

Dickyboy

how many places was it last year?

I think there were about 150 last year, just got my email to say I’m in 🙂 aiming to see if I can get anywhere near the top ten this year 😯

It was 150 solo men and 20 solo women in 2009.
    I thought I’d mention it as 101st/150 sounds marginally better than 101st/135. 😕

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I got my solo place too.

Luckily for me I live about a mile away from the event location so I can get some practice in 🙂

grtdkad

Yup – my sixth Mayhem as a solo confirmed. See you there!

mmb
    Free Member

my bullheart entry has been confirmed. it’ll be good to do mayhem for someone else this year!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So I got a Mayhem Solo place…’ is closed to new replies.