Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • So how was your day??
  • MicArms

Mine started off shite, commuter bike was very poorly, diagnosed it to needing 2 new chainrings, chain and cassette, oh and a new rear mech.

while I was doing that faf, mr DPD postie turns up with a new coil spring for the forks I sleathily ordered from On One last week..

a quick coil change, and fork fitting/ fettle later…( before the wife came back too!) I rode to work after finding a 25 mile 90% off road route thanks to the power of my satmap.
    2 hours 10mins later compared to the usual 20 mile road of 1hour 20, but tons more smiles! One happy bunny for finding that route too!.

So how was your day?

danceswithcats

Very nice, thanks. I got my 1000 words done (after a bit of procrastinating on SW) and then went out and cycled up to Brading Down. Lovely.

Pook

Good day at work today – lots of happy colleagues with the work I’d done for them, a pile more work that I’m looking forward to getting stuck into (bizarrely), and then back home early for the finest night ride in the Peaks I’ve had in a long time; warm, dusty trails, clear skies and a beautiful pink and orange sunset.

Now a pizza and a beer. Happy days.

rOcKeTdOg

What was the route mick, might want to nick some of it

rOcKeTdOg

OH, and had my fastest commute home so far, had the legs today, doesn’t happen often so made the most of it

TheSwede
    Free Member

Sore legs from sundays ride, sore head from sunday evenings beers and sore plonka from sunday nights ride 😉

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Go tup (reasonably) early and rode in the lovely sunshine on the road bike to the post office / parcel depot place, only about an 8 mile round trip but was very pleasant! Especially as I was picking up my new carbon seatpost so my new build is getting closer to completeness!

Went downhill from there as i had to go into uni! No, it wasn’t that bad…just had a very dull 3 hours in labs, mixed up a few solutions, had an argument with a computer and then sat around watching the computer record various graphs..each one taking 20 minutes!

Nice speedy ride home too!

All it takes is some sunshine and I’m suddenly a lot more cheery!

geoffj

80k on the road. Snooze, spot of work, dinner.

Not bad really.

MicArms

RD,

see endomondo for the run in, canal from Stoke prior , to targebigge, Alvechurch to Wast Hills tunnel, bit of road, then onto the Lea valley cyle route. then final bit of canal to Smallheath.

Goz
    Free Member

2hrs offroad , mostly singletrack and a few downhill runs….smell of fresh garlic…..it was warm and sunny…..ideal.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good day, lots of bubbly booze in the office. Nice relaxed evening ride in the warm weather.

jedi

i had a great day coaching in sun shine then riding 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Mine was ace. Been enjoying time with my newest addition to the MM household. 😀

lowey

Utterly shite, but thanks for asking.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Great weather = short mtb ride, then a bit of grub, then a 30 mile flat road ride as fast as I could. then an Indian takeaway and series 1 of Pheonix Nights on DVD 😀

mav12
    Free Member

went to leave work back tyre flat caused by the anti puncture strips nipping the tube quick tube change 17 mile commute in a rush goin to pick up a unhooking mat for fishing slow puncture in the new tube keep pumping it it up every few miles cant fine the address for the unhookin mat eventually found it unhookin mat **** heavy around my neck tube goin down quicker now cycle track gettin dark decide to repair tube unhookin mat comesin handy for puttin upturned bike on get home hour an a half later than usual eat full bag of giant buttons at least got to try my new lehzan mini floor pump 8 times 👿

mav12
    Free Member

and my new workstand hasnt come yet 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Distracted at work. Thinking about Sunday’s ride ;-D

Digger90
    Free Member

Ours was dramatic.

Early evening was out on a the road bike when phone rang – my wife, saying our 10yr old daughter had taken a hard tackle at school Rugby match (which was supposed to be “tag” rugby, not tackling!!!) and was massively hyperventilating and that she’d called an ambulance.

I was in Lurgashall, approx 30 mins ride away. Absolutely stomped home, full of fear and nerves, almost puked.

As I came down the hill to our house I arrive to see THREE ambulances in the road/driveway and OMFG an Air Ambulance helicopter in the field by the river. My heart nearly burst through my chest cavity when I saw that.

I flung the bike away and rushed in to see daughter and wife surrounded by 2 Doctors and 5 ambulance people, but thankfully she was OK. She was still massively hyperventilating but after another 30mins or so the Doctors managed to get her calmed down. She’s OK now, thankfully, but my God, as a parent, situations like that make you very glad for what you have in life.

Trampus
    Free Member

Glad she’s ok, Digger90!
    Be thankful, too, that kids never realise the stress they put you through! 🙂

Northwind

Pretty good… Last week of unemployment so cramming in as much riding as I can while the sun shines, nipped along to Innerleithen for a leisurely lap of the red and black, ended up climbing back up and doing some rad to the power of sick downhill stuff, got a wee bit carried away and a couple of sections were really just very prolonged crashes that inexplicably ended up with me still intact and on 2 wheels but had a great time…

Also finally nailed that first rock garden thing in the black, which has been a bit of a random sticking point since I binned it in there on my first ever attempt, quite pleased about that.

Then had a massive pizza and vegged (also to the power of sick)

MicArms

Shit sorry to hear that Dogger, still look on the bright side, that was a good bit of cardiovas training there!!

Digger90
    Free Member

Shit sorry to hear that Dogger, still look on the bright side, that was a good bit of cardiovas training there!!

Yep – and it showed me just how unfit I really am!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘So how was your day??’ is closed to new replies.