Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • So a tree FALLS DOWN………………..
  • project
    Free Member

And it hits your car, or you come round a corner and hit it either in a vehicle or on a bike at say a trail centre,or forest, surely a trail centre,or forest cant check every tree,every time its windy.

Who pays for damage and removal, as there are quite a few trees down locally, i hit one a few years ago on a blind bend in the dark so had little chance of seeing it, luckily it was a hire car, and not much damage.

donsimon
    Free Member

Isn’t this the exact reason we have insurance? The owner of the tree/object has paid into a policy to protect themselves against accidental damage caused to others.

druidh
    Free Member

project – Member
    And it hits your car, or you come round a corner and hit it either in a vehicle or on a bike at say a trail centre,or forest, surely a trail centre,or forest cant check every tree,every time its windy.

Who pays for damage and removal, as there are quite a few trees down locally, i hit one a few years ago on a blind bend in the dark so had little chance of seeing it, luckily it was a hire car, and not much damage tree and not a childs face.
    FTFY 😉

Usual rules apply – drive/ride only as fast/far as you can see.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Simon

Would people really claim for damage caused by crashing into a fallen tree at a trail centre? 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

do trees have time to hit caps lock before they FALL DOWN?

gwaelod
    Free Member

sue the ents

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

About twenty years ago a tree fell on my dads car whilst it was parked. The insurance wouldn’t pay out because it was an act of god.

wwaswas

If the owner of the land was aware the tree was rotten etc the. It’s their faat otherwise it’s just oneof those things.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Classic druidh!

stratobiker
    Free Member

I thought this was goona be a tree falls down in the forest and nobody sees it fall doies it MAKE A SOUND! Type thread….and that’s why he was shouting!!???

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

About twenty years ago a tree fell on my dads car whilst it was parked. The insurance wouldn’t pay out because it was an act of god.

Racists.

STATO
    Free Member

i hit one a few years ago on a blind bend in the dark so had little chance of seeing it,

Can i be the one who says driving without due care and attention etc. 😀

avdave2

Usual rules apply – drive/ride only as fast/far as you can see.

I always stop on tight bends and get out of the car and walk forward until I can see it is safe. I then return to the car and either drive on or get out again and go and check if anything untoward has happened when I had my back turned while walking back to the car.

project
    Free Member

So its pitch dark, christmas eve a few years ago, youre driving from Tarpoley roundabout to wards chester, come up hill and round bend, and theres a tree in the road, braked hard and skidded into tree.

Bang.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Did my bit for karma the other night. Rounded a corner whilst following a car in the van, noticed him swerve and so did I. He carried on, I stopped. Dry stone wall collapsed and covering half the narrow road (it’s very tight for two vans at the same time) i turned round put the van above it and started chucking the stone out of the road…… So if I’d come round and clattered into it because I had no where else to go, could I claim off the land owner? Was thinking about this as I was bailing big lumps of stone out of the way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘So a tree FALLS DOWN………………..’ is closed to new replies.