Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Snowy Ride Video
  • heihei

Enough of the snowy ride pics, how about snowy ride video??

This one’s from Friday……

Surrey Hills Snowy Riding Video

wheelz
    Free Member

You are Valentino Rossi and I claim my £5…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I liked it

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Where abouts is it? Peaslake? I think I recognised the telegraph poles…

jedi

luvverly!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Aha, yes telegraph poles are the give away but it’s not telegraph road quite obviously. It’s somewhere out there, waiting to be found……

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

looks like it was speeded up in the edit….

cullen-bay
    Free Member

nice!

stooo
    Free Member

I like it.

nickegg
    Free Member

Never get your foot out unless you really are going flat out!

Nice AM geetee 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Conditions were weird really. I kept thinking that the bike was going to slide on the snow but it never did; there was far more grip than you might have expected.

juiced
    Free Member

like it.good tune too.

nickegg
    Free Member

Much like round here when it’s frozen…each corner has a dozen frozen mini berms to catch your tyre 🙂

Looking forward to getting out tomorrow on my Nic.

Digger90
    Free Member

Looks like fun.. your snow camo Nicolai almost disappears in that environment. Adam’s dayglo Mojo would stand out I bet.

Unfortunately my back was locked up all day and have been wandering around the house with heat pads and hot water bottles..

heihei

looks like it was speeded up in the edit….

Nope, although there’s nothing I can do to prove it! Mr GT is a pretty rapid rider! Funnily enough when we were looking at the clips on the camera screens he was annoyed it looked too slow, but on a bigger screen it looks as fast as it did in the flesh.
    One thing that helped was that he must have ridden each section 3-4 times, and a few bits 5-6 times. We were running 2 cameras and the head-cam, but on a few of the corners & sections either I missed with the camera or GT wasn’t happy with his riding, so we did it again (and again and again)! Oh – and we rode it once top to bottom to start with to see whether conditions were good enough to bother filming.

Drac

Nice I like it.

PhilAmon
    Free Member

I enjoyed that too, thanks for that!

daver27
    Free Member

Nice vid, looks like a fun trail 🙂

hopefully ride with you guys again soon and for longer than my last time out!!

Dave

djglover
    Free Member

I liked that, handy riding too.

rossi46
    Free Member

It’s official- bikes are better than cars in the snow!

Liked the vid- nifty editing, good soundtrack too.

superfli
    Free Member

Excellent vid mate. Wish I had the patience and number of cams to do that editing, mind you it must have been a tad cold standing filming 🙂

So where is that slightly downhill bermy section under the telegraph poles with a few jumps then? I only know the major routes and a few on pitch.

The ground around the Surrey Hills is very soft and loamy, it doesnt suprise me with the amount of grip you have. I rode Afan a couple of weeks back in similar conditions and (apart from the ice), it was pretty grippy. Not like the south downs where its treacherous in wet, let alone snow+ice!

Simon

I liked that too, makes me want to go out for a ride in the snow.
    I can’t though ‘cos I have a broken hand 😥

geetee1972
    Free Member

I can’t speak for HeiHei but I certainly wasn’t cold! 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Great video.

heihei

Wish I had the patience and number of cams to do that editing, mind you it must have been a tad cold standing filming

To be honest, these days many people have a decent compact that can do video to a fair resolution. This was shot on my Panasonic GF1 with 20mm + 14-45mm lenses, and GT’s Canon G10 + GoPro helmet cam. I also used a full-size tripod + one of those mini flexi things. Editing done using iMovie (excellent software) on a Macbook. My other clip on Vimeo was shot on 2 GF1’s and a Nikon D90 with a few different lenses, again using tripods.
    While it was me doing the filming, I was moving around quite a lot, often running between 2 cameras to trigger them, and climbing a couple of trees too. I’d also done a bit of planning, having ridden the trail a few times, so I had an idea of what sort of shots I wanted to get, and the overall effect I wanted to achieve (not wanting to sound too arty-farty like!) which cut down on wasted time.
    I admit it’s a fair old commitment to do it (we spent around 2.5hrs riding / filming, and probably the same again editing, to produce a 2.5min clip), it’s worth it to share with others and receive positive comments like those above, and have a more permanent reminder of your ride, but accept may not be everyone’s idea of time well-spent when you could be riding!
    Gives you a good idea of the effort required to make some of these top-quality films too!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    Aha, yes telegraph poles are the give away but it’s not telegraph road quite obviously. It’s somewhere out there, waiting to be found……

Found it today. Very, very sketchy in the current conditions.

Lovely trail though.

superfli
    Free Member

Go on, do tell, how do I get there?

elaineanne
    Free Member

nice one ! 😉

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Snowy Ride Video’ is closed to new replies.