Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Snowdon this weekend?
  • Ambrose

Anyone here planning on riding Snowdon this weekend? Weather not looking too clever, but Sunday morning looks OKish.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Thought there was a voluntary ban on there;

http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/snowdn_volunt.htm

Or was that in the past?

joao3v16
    Free Member

‘Ban’ only applies 10am-5pm during the summer season (whenever that starts)

Hopefully there are no inconsiderate selfish twazzers out there planning to knowingly ignore the ban.

intode_void
    Free Member

The voluntary ban is still in place, possibly the OP means ride in the area around Snowdon? There are miles of routes around Llanberis and the local area which are not subject to the ban…unless he’s planning on going up after 17.00 on Sat, bivvying overnight and flying down before 10.00 on Sun, in which case count me in!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

1st May through to 30th September

highclimber
    Free Member

…unless he’s planning on going up after 17.00 on Sat, bivvying overnight and flying down before 10.00 on Sun, in which case count me in!

Why wait til Sun. it doesn’t get dark til 8:30ish now so waiting til most of the people have gone back down on the train would be my preferred option.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sun rise is early and it’s not difficult to climb it in the half light of dawn. You could be up and down long before ten.

toby1

I’m heading that way, but planning on doing it on foot not on a bike, weird I know!

Ambrose

The OP is more than aware of the voluntary ban. Hence starting at some ungodly hour on Sunday morning.

toby1

Obviously not anyone from here but I’d be really glad to know if the guy pushing the ‘Barracuda’ supermarket special and his mates made it down in one piece yesterday, despite their total ignorance of the ban. I walked the Llanberis path and I’d not ride much of it on my bike, let alone on the crap they were lugging to the summit!

Ambrose

What an absolute blast that was! Soaked, tired, sore 🙂 We were in Pete’s Eats by 10:20.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We were in Pete’s Eats by 10:20

What did you have. Big tees? Cheesy Beans on toast?

toby1

Which track did you take Ambrose? and what did you ride it on?

Ambrose

Large coffee, liver dinner (No.59 I think). Yummmmmmmmmmy.

Nicolai Helius. Mud coloured.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

great fun – feeling it now though – 😉

great bunch of lads to do it with too

I was 61 the longest wait for a breakfast ever 😥

wingnut31
    Free Member

Big tea and large breakfast number 51, with a side portion of sore legs. 😆

Great laugh boy’s thanks 😀

backhander
    Free Member

What about starting the climb at 0530 and then having a crack? Anyone done it this way?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

backhander that’s what we did today 😉

The boys with the DH rigs started at 5am and we started the up about 6.30am, at the top around 9am, padded up and fuel stop then back down and off mountain at 9.57am 😉

Ambrose

Team 6 inch pushed up the railway and then came down Snowdon Ranger/ Telegraph Valley.

Team 4 inch rode/ pushed up the Llanberis Path, looked at the claggy conditions and promptly rode back down again. In my case very slowly as I was essentially blinded by rain and condensation on my glasses. Once out of the clouds though….

I heard that the guys who didn’t make it down in time to beat the ban had their bikes turned into pumpkins 🙁

(Other squash related vegetables are available).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.