• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by XXX.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Snow is rubbish
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

I have absolutely and totally had enough snow! 👿 It may look pretty and be fun to play in, but trying to ride/drive in/on snow and ice is crap. 👿 I've still got a bad knee from falling on ice 3 weeks ago, I've cancelled 2 rides this week cos of it being dangerous to drive to them, and I need to cycle every day for work without being scared to death of slipping on icy roads in traffic. 👿
    Will someone please stop it?? 👿

stumpy01

I feel your pain – was going to take the bike over to Thetford today but decided I didn't want to risk it in the snow….
    …..just about the time that it gets too late for me to make the trip, the sun comes out and all the snow disappears……..

the_lecht_rocks

stunning skiing / boarding conditions again this weekend at the Lecht 🙂
    and a deep snowy ride around kirkhill this morning.

brilliant 🙂

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Had a great snow ride today – Rather snow and cold, than rain and mushy trails

aracer
    Free Member

Oh dear, poor mountain bikers. Have now had 10 days of skiing this year – that makes up for the 5 years with no skiing before last year.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

And all you skiers can f***off – I haven't managed to do that either for about 6 years 👿

Houns

Snow is awesome, as above rather have snow than grey dreary rainy days and muddy trails

the_lecht_rocks

true alpine conditions up here 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

be nice if it was snow and no mud, yesterdays ride was snow, ice and mud. One moment slogging throw snow, next the ice under the snow gave way sinking upto the hubs in mud.

i just hope there is a summer this year.

as for XC sking, been working in Chester and there has been no snow! Cheltenham managed one session.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

It's been a pain up north of inverness when the heavy snow was here… trying to get training done when the roads were impossible on bike and the trails were under 18" of snow….

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I'm sure snow's great if you just want to play in it, but I have to cycle everyday – and it's CRAP 👿

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm just back from riding in fresh snow round Elterwater – fantastic fun and seriously grippy. Mind you I'm knackered now 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

And all you skiers can f***off – I haven't managed to do that either for about 6 years

Well it's hardly our fault if you're not making best use of the conditions.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Snow is weather, thats all. How you deal with it and what you have to do might be annoying/frustrating/verging on dangerous but don't blame the snow, it doesn't know any other way! (rain is different, it told me).

I love snow by the way 🙂

Bunnyhop

We had great fun today building 2 massive snow men/pigs! Also some sledging action 😀

Agree it's no fun when you have to battle the icy conditions on a bike.

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Mmm, no (mtb) riding since the 15th of December. Some local stuff has been just about rideable for about a week, but I'll stick to the skis for now thanks. Have we had a 'what wax/skins for the commute?' thread yet?

molgrips
    Free Member

Get some snow tyres for your bike. Problem solved.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yesterday

Today

Snow – it's great!

aracer
    Free Member

Have we had a 'what wax/skins for the commute?' thread yet?

Blue extra would have worked here when I could have commuted by ski (though I was too unhealthy). 😉

glenh
    Free Member

Just get some winter tyres. No problem driving in snow for me 🙂

XXX
    Free Member
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Snow is rubbish’ is closed to new replies.