Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • snapped my bike :(
  • Seggons
    Free Member

Popped to the woods today for a mild pedal and found a nice hip I thought I’d play around on .. Was getting some rad/gnar/other expletive here whips and on one I landed particularly heavily and felt the back wheel move. Thinking I’d snapped my skewer, I was shocked to find my dropout had snapped clean across the weld on the driveside. Thus, my ventana X5 is dead. Now, it’s a 2004 frame, the first one ever I believe, so it’s a bit of a special bike. I’ll ring the dealer on monday, but I was wondering from the STW masses whether to keep the frame on the wall and get another frame or see if I can replace the backend and carry on? I love the bike, but does feel a little, well, old.

DMR bolt or last herb or similar, give me some options. Cheers! Secondhand is cool too

Stevelol
    Free Member

Good excuse to get a new bike 🙂 a guy was selling a Blur 4x frame on here recently, that’s supposed to be a fun trail bike for jumpy dh loons.

matt_outandabout

Shame, they always looked like ace bikes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmoggy
    Free Member

I loved my x5…. and really rare aswell

takisawa2

I’d be surprised if Alan at Riverside Cycles couldn’t source a new back end for it. Had a Ventana, an El-Ciclon. Brilliant frame. Amazed to hear of one breaking.

Seggons
    Free Member

it was/is amazing, my friend snapped his at the same place so it isn’t unheard of. I’ll give Alan a ring and see if he can sort something out. I’ll put any developments up on here

cynic-al
    Free Member

How does it “feel” old?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘snapped my bike :(’ is closed to new replies.