• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by MS.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SNAD Ebay
  • Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Ive just received a pair of Fox Forks purchased off Ebay which were described as "no visible defects".

There is a long scratch on one stantion and a big scuff on the other and they leak oil.

Does anyone know if this would meet the Significantly Not As Described criteria as set by Paypal.

Cheers

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Yes, file a dispute and get your money back!

Dougal
    Free Member

Sounds like typical faire for Fox Forx.

Kahurangi

You don't need to ask. File a dispute, take the seller to the cleaners and then wee in his shoes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Do explain how a scratch on a stanchion is fox's fault PLEASE Dougal?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Some people are gits aren't they?

Just to restore a little good feeling, I had a message from a seller yesterday, on packing up the wheel I'd bought he'd discovered that the axle was broken and had been being held in place by the QR. Refund in my paypal account a few hours later.

geoffj

Before filing a dispute, how about asking the seller what he is going to do about it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dispute like the seller did not know they were scratched on BOTH stanchions and leaking oil not really an honest mistake IMHO

MS
    Free Member

Yeah, dont just file a dispute, contact seller, see if he can resolve it.

The scratch should have been said in the decription but the leaking oil may have been missed by the seller.

If you file a dispute, to get you money back I think you have to send the forks at your own cost before you get a refund. So if the forks are what your after ask him to give u a bit of cash since they were mis described.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Contact the seller. See what him/her has to say first. Either way you could raise a dispute after. eBay will come down on your side, never (rarely) with the seller.

Just keep it sensible and polite. Don't threaten to wee in his slippers or anything. Crazy thing is I don't think you even need to send the forks back to get your refund with a dispute.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

I have contacted him and had a polite reply saying he hadnt noticed the scratch, the scuff mark should be nothing to worry about and all sus forks leak oil and he hopes that his email has reassured me!!

Ive replied saying that the description "in good condition and with no visible defects" really doesnt describe what I now have.

He seems a genuine person and maybe didnt notice the damage but either way at the minute Ive a pair of uselesss forks that'll cost more to repair than the amount i paid for them.

I await his reply

MS
    Free Member

I would suggest that if you don't want them, ask him if its ok for a refund and then file a dispute.

That way you are covered.

You do have to send the forks back before you get your money, otherwise you would have the money and the forks!!!!

Paypal keep hold of the money and as soon as the seller recieves the forks he tells them and the money is refunded.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SNAD Ebay’ is closed to new replies.