Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SMEG Fridge?
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

Anyone bought one of the Retro SMEG fridges? Mrs fancies one but not convinced myself. Anyone have one, any thoughts good or bad?

Bunnyhop

Not a good idea. Everyone we talked to said they weren't a good buy.
    We have a sort of retro style miele. Very good buy.

nonk
    Free Member

i have one and its sh*te.
    bloody seal falls of the door all the time…aparrently its ever so good on its power usage. not if its got no seal on the door its not.
    and the freezer compartment door wont close properly so it ices up all the time wish i had sent it back.

mybike
    Free Member

We have one, only fault is freezer size if you cook & freeze meals

That & I've skulled myself on the freezer door pissed 😳

clunker

We have one, looks the part but quality of plastics inside is s@it.

gizzardman
    Free Member

That's enough for me then, big f*ck off American Style Bosch or Siemens for me!

meehaja
    Free Member

I used to have one, people would say "wow you've got a smeg fridge". I would say "yes". So thats about the best thrill you will get from spending nearly a grand on a fridge. The freezer is small and mine didn't have a drain chute so was a real nightmare to defrost (and it needed it reguarly) the doors are really thick, so as my kitchen was small you couldn't open the doors fully either. big disapointment really. it looked cool, but in the end its just a fridge, I'd rather spend the money on shiney bike bits and pretend that they make me faster/smoother/more niche. my new fridge freezer is loads bigger, has those freezer drawers you can open like a chest of drawers (no freezer door) a fun beer can dispenser rack and only cost £450. ,matches my toaster too.

clunker

Just want to add the customer service is crap too just incase you change your mind 😉

wombat

They may look good but are very inefficient

Haribo
    Free Member

my mrs made me buy one a 5yrs ago – seriously a grand what 😥

still working as good as ever and i expect it to for that price. downside is we are moving and it is likely to be my garage beer fridge. a grands worth of fridge in a garage wtf

Haribo
    Free Member

and they do a dishwasher to match = oh dear

flatback
    Free Member

the smeg is a £200 quid "gorenje" italian make fridge not bad for £200 quid, rebadged with a fancy door on it, not worth the money

sc-xc

bloody seal falls of the door all the time…

Aaaaaahhhhhhh…………

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For a boring alternative – not as huge as an American style fridge, but bigger than normal…
    Hotpoint thingumy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SMEG Fridge?’ is closed to new replies.