Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SMD LED's – OK in a small room?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

In my office I have two very small rooms (kitchenette and toilet both of which are lit by a single GU10 bulb (one in each room) which are a bit directional.
    Would fitting a SMD bulb give a better spread of light and be OK for these rooms?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced my 50w GU10s with SMDs in the bathrooms. The claimed 50W equivalents look more like 35W. They’re floodier (which may explain why they don’t seem quite as bright).

I’m happy with the result.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sounds good. The two rooms in question have pretty low ceilings as well which makes a normal GU10 more ‘spoty’

5thElefant
    Free Member

Unless it’s too dim already I expect you’ll be happy with the results.

I used these. Not sure if they’re good or bad compared to others.

sharkbait
    Free Member

There seems to be quite a variation in price as I’ve seen them for £2.95 (+ shipping)! Wonder what the difference is?

5thElefant
    Free Member

If you can find a spec sheet have a look for the lumen rating. The ones I linked claim 310, which from my endless messing around with bike lights seems about right.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just realised that the toilet light is only on for a few minutes so not worth changing to a SMD but for a bit of fun I’ve actually gone for a bulb from HK for the grand price of £3.00 shipped! It’s a warm white and 300-350 lumen so we’ll see what it’s like.
    If it’s OK I might change our bathroom lights over as my girls seem to think the bathroom lights need to be left on 24/7 👿

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SMD LED's – OK in a small room?’ is closed to new replies.