Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • small block 8's?
  • rp16v
    Free Member

how are they in current uk conditions?
    would like to run front and rear idealy

also anyone fast commuted on them?

oh yeah anyone used the slants yet?
    thanks 😀

Northwind

Depends on your local conditions 😉 Today at Glentress they would have been spot on but up my local hills they’d be a disaster. It needs to be pretty dry before they make any sense at all on the front IMO

Slant seems to be rocking horse poo for now.

rob2
    Free Member

Great on the back but a bit scary on the front unless it’s dry and hard packed. IMO ! I use them nearly all year round on the back

gothandy

Still using my mud-x but sb8 could be back on within the month.

I used mine last year for my offroad commute, about 50% road, they worked great.

rp16v
    Free Member

i can get slants no problem just if i order i have to buy so rather some recomendations first.

local would be anything in bristol so can change in a moment lol last time i was out it was fairly greasy

are they prone to pinch flats a the one i have is very light but flimsy aswell

Northwind

Wouldn’t say flimsy at all tbh, it’s much the same carcass as on the other Kenda trail tyres. If you don’t want to pinch flat, put enough air in the tyre 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

If your in Brizzle i’d not bother for a while yet, AC was gopping today.
    I had a summery style tyre on which didn’t clog but i did wish for my mud x’s.
    If your riding somewhere like cwm carn i reckon another week of dryness and they’ll be almost ideal.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got them in my CX…

Not tried them yet.. First ride on them tomorrow.. 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

looks like il use up my part worns for now then and chuck the sb8’s on when the sun settles more

flatfish compared to the nevagals,excevators ect they do seem really thin on the sidewalls but i tend to run on the hard side anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘small block 8's?’ is closed to new replies.