Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SLX or Saint Crankset
  • ro63rt
    Free Member

I'm in need of a new crankset, I'm sick of going through BB's on my Truvativ FireX one's & now I need two chainrings. I think I'm going to try one of the MTB compact one's with 22/36 teeth & bashguard.
    What would people recommend? I'm quite an aggresive rider, on a hardtail, I enjoy a bit of jumping thrown in to the mix as well as living in the lakes quite a lot of rocky descents. Long term I'm aiming for a Chris King BB so is the SLX & Saint BB's interchangeable as CK's goes with the SLX BB. Also I prefer the look of the new Saint cranks.

j-claw
    Free Member

Race Face Atlas FR or AM are cheaper & lighter than Saint & they have a lifetime warranty. The BBs are much better now & will be compatible with King. They're also available in lots of pretty colours.

ro63rt
    Free Member

Never thought of that as the CK website says only compatible with Shimano BB's. Have to look in to that one.

slowrider
    Free Member

i had a long, drawn out warranty claim on a set of raceface cranks. it wasnt the bb, i broke the arm from the axle on a set of atlas am's. never did get anything despite local bike shop and an engineer at local uni being certain it was a product fault. i wouldnt put too much faith in the lifetime warranty in other words. shimano's rep isnt much better though!

chakaping
    Free Member

The SLX double crankset with the steel pedal inserts is really strong and stiff.

Can't see why you'd need anything stronger, unless you're really heavy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SLX or Saint Crankset’ is closed to new replies.