Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Slow Cooker
  • cakeeater
    Free Member

Anyone use one and have recommendation on make/model to purchase?

NZCol

I’ve got a crockpot thing i picked up for $5 awesome thign in winter. Bang meat and veg and stuff (liek beer toms etc) turn the beast on, go out training for the day and come home to a messy slop all cooked for you ! Brilliant.

slimtubing
    Free Member

As above, mine is a Sunbeam and I often pop in a whole chicken sat upon a couple of onions, 6 hours later your bird’s all moist and ready for salty gravy all over its breasts.

TooTall
    Free Member

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4231473/Trail/searchtext>SLOW+COOKER.htm

Get that size – anything smaller isn’t worth it. They are brilliant – you can make great meals out of the cheapest cuts of meat and almost no effort to cook. Mixed root veg + stock + herbs & spices, leave all day, veg soup for a week by evening.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’ve got a Crockpot too, and they really are ace. It always feels like someone else has made dinner for me. Minimal effort for really good results. I also make 7 hour ginger cake in mine which is lovely. Mine doesn’t have a timer, but I use a separate one sometimes.

willyboy
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooking-Around-World-Carolyn-Humphries/dp/0572032897/ref=pd_sim_b_25

Try this book, we did Aztec beef the other week – beef with cocoa powder – and it was awesome.

footstomper
    Free Member

Well worth buying one, they are so easy to use just cut your meat (not your own)or chicken put in the veg with some stock turn it on, go out on your massive ride come back to a great meal 😀
    One guy at work once come home to find his slow cooker melted onto his worktop, I couldn’t stop laughing when he told us becuase he is a skinflint and it was probably 20 years old.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I have a James Martin one – fairly cheap and cheerful, but does a fantastic job.

James Martin

If you do a beef stew try chucking a block or two of dark chocolate in it about 30 minutes before it’s done, gives a fantastic glossy finish to teh sauce and doesn’t make the stew taste of chocolate or sweet, just a good flavour.

And if you like nutty type foods a spoon of peanut better always blends very well, with most red meat based stews.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have one sitting under my desk.. its just arrived & is unopened. Mrs Jay has been looking into them & came up with this one

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/tefal-4-in-1/F/product/12037?src=gabrs&sq=tefal%203%20in%201%20rice%20cooker

Moses

They sit unused in many peoples’ cupboards – we got one free from Freecycle in case we didn’t use it, but it’s so useful for stews & so on that it’s prob worth buying something new. Bigger is better.

stumpy01

I think Tesco do one for about £20.

As already said, they are fab. Chuck loads of stuff in with some stock – go out for the day and great meal ready for you….mmmmmmm.

mema
    Free Member

Mine came from tesco when they were £10, it’s great coming home from a long day and dinner is already made.

cakeeater
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. Will be picking one up at Argos tomorrow and look forward to trying it out over the weekend.

takisawa2

Just reserved that Breville one at Argos.
    Got to be worth £20.
    Wife loves doing casseroles etc so should get plenty of use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Slow Cooker’ is closed to new replies.