Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Slippy Cannock
  • daj
    Free Member

Anyone else notice how slippy Cannock was yesterday?!? 😯

Anyone have any sneeky tips for such conditions, I was using 2.3 highrollers played with pressures but couldnt stop that front end from washing out making it a very nervy ride (good hoot though 😆 )

sambob
    Free Member

It was also slippy on wednesday, but my tyres were pretty good. They are a Cheng shin tyre that came on my merida, have been good on everything but so far i havnt found another pair 🙁

mildred

I presume you mean follow the dog – it’s frigging lethal in places- worn smooth from use & I don’t think any tyres will help there.

titusrider
    Free Member

those little round stones they surface with are blooming lethal (only been there once but that was my impression)

mildred

… I mean I think the tyre choice is largely academic when it’s so worn smooth and damp

Houns

When it’s soaking wet it’s fine, when it’s bone dry it’s fine. When it’s slightly damp it’s ‘kin hairy

Wookster

ah seen your problem high rollers you see the WORK OF THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

LimboJimbo

Triassic bunter, that’s yer problem. All those little round stones were once at the bottom of a very large, very fast prehistoric river in northern France or southern Germany. They found their way to their current slippy location sometime in the last ice age. They also owe me a new helmet.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Right that’s it, these complaints about wet shiny stones at Cannock are become all too frequent, off to carpet the lot in hessian sack in the morning!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there anything at Cannock to warrent 2.35 high rollers?

Something 1.9-2.1 and semi slick and pumped up hard would be best. I’ve happy memories of riding down chainslapper and feeling both wheels drifting about like I was going down a water flume!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Minnion on the front and just let the rear slide about.Only other option if you are that worried is supertacky front. I have a set of weirwolfs which gripped really well too in softer compound but the tyre squeal just seemed a bit bizarre on a bike.
    other option of course is elbow and knee pads and just go for it with your existing tyres.

stumpy01

When I demo’d the Stumpy & EX9 at Cannock the Spesh Purgatory coped pretty well with the conditions, whereas the Bonty tyres on the EX9 were bloody awful.

I found getting my weight over the bars through the slippy sections really helped.

flip
    Free Member

Just popped up and block paved the worst bits, it’ll be fine now 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

“Triassic bunter, that’s yer problem. All those little round stones were once at the bottom of a very large, very fast prehistoric river in northern France or southern Germany. They found their way to their current slippy location sometime in the last ice age.”

Triassic bunter beds were laid down in the Triassic period which wasn’t the last ice ige. Although Shropshire and Cheshire do have glacial deposits form the last ice age circa 10-20k years ago.

Yes, they were slippy last week but this just makes the Dog a different challenge.

scruff
    Free Member

Chase Pebbles are buffed & polished by Trail Pixies to add some merit of technical interest.

LimboJimbo

@Scamper – Well that just goes to show you can prove just about anything with facts 🙂

The next thing you’ll be telling me is that Fred Flintstone couldn’t have had a pet dinosaur.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Slippy Cannock’ is closed to new replies.