Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slight panic – gas boiler
  • cinnamon_girl

Gas boiler (wall mounted in kitchen) is leaking water. This morning worktop was covered.

Plumbing work hasn’t finished, neither has electrics, and am hoping it will be OK to leave this til Tuesday.

Anyone care to speculate?

Thanks as always. 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Is it switched on?

cinnamon_girl

Yep, was on all night. New thermostat has to be rewired so I suspect it’s getting mixed messages due to heating going off when water heater comes on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Del

condensing boiler?
    does it have a pipe that goes though the wall ( other than the large, mug diameter, gas flue ) that then is connected to a drain or drainpipe?
    if so then it is likely just this outlet frozen up, so waste water cannot be allowed to drain away. mine does this. won’t do any harm apart from make a bit of a mess. the waste pipe should ideally have a decent fall on it, and if necessary, should be boxed in and insulated.

cinnamon_girl

No, standard boiler. Could have been frozen – was without heating for a week! Feel perhaps it’s condensation so just worried that it won’t last til Tuesday! Have put a towel on work top so will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the replies. 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Sounds like frozen condensate drain. Check the pipe that goes outside is not frozen up.

totalshell

plumbing work not finished yet? is that a clue?

Del

pfft! one week?
    my plumber’s so ace he and his sparky mate were able to leave me with no heating or hot water for two weeks…
    😉
    hope you get it sorted. know all too well what it’s like.

cinnamon_girl

Two weeks? Blimey! Nah, it’s all character-building. Pretty much like my ride yesterday morning when it was -8.5 degrees. 😯

Lesanita2
    Free Member

There’s an air bleed valve on the high point in the boiler, that’s a prime suspect. I’ve Always changed it, but you may be cake to unscrew and clean. Remove the outer cover to have a look. Get an expert if you feel out me your depth of course.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slight panic – gas boiler’ is closed to new replies.