Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sleeping bag recommendations
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The GF is after a new down bag. She's pretty short so I'd like to get her a shorter than standard bag, and something along the lines of -3 to -7 kinda temperature range. Alpkit has seemingly sold out of the SkyeHigh 600s in all sizes (though it only mentions the long on the page) and are not getting any more until June, which is a shame becuase it'd be perfect. Any recommendations for something that costs less than a gazillion pounds?

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16320&category_id=253

flatfish
    Free Member

alpkit have some PD 400/600's in stock at the moment i believe.
    PD400 = -3
    PD600 = -10

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yup, I've just ordered myself one to replace my ageing macpac bag. But I'd like to get her a short bag, less volume to heat up, less weight to carry, less volume to pack. The PD's are std length.

flatfish
    Free Member

stick her on a medieval rack for a week or two, standard will fit then.

think laterally.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*slaps forehead*

Why didn't I think of that before?

*readies manacles*

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Pipedreams are pretty short and narrow – my 5'5" wife has the PD800 and finds it a nice comfy fit if that helps any.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you're looking at PHD then you could afford the ME Dewline. Super lightweight and -3 I think, but no zip if she likes some ventilation sometimes. I've used mine in winter and in the Alps biving at 3000m (both with clothes on I admit), the warmth rating is good.

tazzymtb

Mountain equipment women specific dream catchers are great bags

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Mountain-Equipment-SS09-Dreamcatcher-500.html

TooTall
    Free Member

*shakes fist*

I hate smug people who want LESS in a sleeping bag!

phd designs will make one to your spec – fjallraven used to do them and I think Mountain Hardwear do if you can get hold of them.

thefirstpancake
    Free Member

There are some good deals in the sale at PHD at the moment, might be worth checking out.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Cheers all, I'll see what she thinks.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Second the ME Dreamcatcher, it was a revelation to be too warm when camping at night. I love the fact it has a stretchy section which means you can sit up cross legged in it and drink tea before getting out into the cold in the morning 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping bag recommendations’ is closed to new replies.