Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Sleeping at work
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

…..nothing like the feeling of motorway rumble strips to sharpen the mind.

colnagokid

when I had a proper job, used to work shifts. 6-2 we had a lunch break at 12.30(amazing innnit)guarenteed 1/2 hour kip!
    Was never sleepy on nightshift-too busy playing FIFA & Tiger Woods on the pc!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I'm in my bed at the moment 😀
    just returned from a fire in some poor bugger's house and have no doubt we'll be out to an alarm at some student's residences in a moment!
    Can normally get a couple of hours shut eye for which I consider myself very fortunate. You take the rough with the smooth. Right on cue Im offf

flip
    Free Member

I used to sleep everynight on my 12 hr shift, i'd have ny cereal about 02:30 and be out like a light by 3 for an hour.

I did it for 5yrs and now my body clock is shagged 🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

My last job we had a walk-in cupboard for "IT equipment". It was, however, completely empty and could be locked from the inside. Given only 3 keys existed, whenever someone needed a kip, they'd pick up the keys, slope off to the other side of the office and have 30 mins rest.

Sidney
    Free Member

As a young chap with a sense of adventure I did national service in Finland where my mum is from.

One guy in my dorm was a utterly lazy f**ker. When they decided it was a good idea for our unit to do a 20 minute run every morning at 5.30 before breakfast, he'd get his mate to padlock him in his locker while we were out in -10. Lucky for him it wasn't a standalone one otherwise i'd have tipped it over. He also used to go to medical every day to try and miss training. To avoid any alternative duties he'd set his sleeping bag up under his bed and sleep all day. I hated him the little git!

However, I did fall asleep while we were stopped on a major excercise though and woke up to an officer kicking snow in my face. At least I was trying!

FuzzyWuzzy

Took a pic of an old boss once sleeping at his desk with his head resting on his In-Tray, didn't use it for blackmail though 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

as a student I got a summer job working nights at a print works. I sayworking but actually what happened would be I'd clock in, make a cup of tea, go out the back and have a spliff, then curl up in one of the skips and sleep til it got light, clock out and go home.

Took them 3 months to suss it, no-one on the shift gave a crap 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Right, straight after some lunch and I'm off for 3.5 hours of training on something nice and technical.

I so wish I knew how to avoid going to sleep right now..!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i fell asleep in the boardroom one friday afternoon when i was suppose to be chasing clients.

went in there at 1.30, WOKE UP at 6.40!! the place was all locked up, i set the alarm off, police were called out as i strolled out of the side door into the carpark.. i was gutted that nobody actually noticed where i was or cared??!!

its alot to do with not enough fresh air.. i work in a protakabin within the warehouse, its shocking

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

during my undergrad I worked Sat and Sun at B&Q. As this involved a 6 am start, usually after a '10 pints for 50p' deal the night before, I often used to climb the racking in the garden centre and sleep it off in one of the garden sheds (they were displayed at several levels)… I wouldn't have done it if I had any kind of respect for my boss (fecker was always moaning he couldn't find me) 😆

ton

i have a foam roll and pillow that i roll out on the 3rd shelf up in the warehouse.
    this is used on a regular basis, on a monday, after a hard day's riding on the sunday.

scotabroad

I'd sack the lot of yiz…..

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping at work’ is closed to new replies.