Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Skyway's are back !
  • the_lecht_rocks

wow – can’t believe they’re back ! what a brilliant ad, what a brilliant product… inspired me in ’81 to push a little bit harder, and still pushing harder even today 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

They never went away.

coastkid
    Free Member

Im also interested in S.E. Racings recent Quadangle framesets, theres a 29er framset and a fixie even 😮

jedi

they are still rubbish 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

@ rickos. no, but they’re being marketed again in style.

TheBrick
    Free Member

One of the bikes in the adverts has one piece cranks and 3/8″ rear axle but in other ways looks like a more modern BMX. Seems a bit silly to use a cheap BMX in the advert? I is confused.

Look cool but I don’t think they will sell very well unless they are a lot lighter.

gamo
    Free Member

Still too heavy and still got crap hubs!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

even so back in the day we all wanted some – I wanted black ones for my super burner – they would’ve looked mint 😛

coastkid
    Free Member

I had a Skyway TA back in the mid 80s along with amongst others a MK1 Haro Freestyler,Santa Ana Built GT Pro Preformer then a S.E Quadangle all with these wheels and Tuff wheels werent crap at all…alot of folk at Livi skatepark used themand i never saw many fail…
    The later Tuff 2s with sealed bearings were better but we all rode with coasters and the MK1 coaster hubs were very reliable,
    i think to most old gits its the Old School image of the Skyways that they rememmber…they were heavy no doubt about that but i remmember wire wheels exploding at an alarming rate :mrgreen:

myheadsashed

Z-wheels were it was at!!!!

Skyway too heavy……

Kevevs
    Free Member

ahh GT Pro performer… meeemories misty skyway coloured meeemories! everybody say Edieeee fiola flyying banana!

RustyNissanPrairie

Araya 7X rims on Suzue hubs.

Skyways had the stupid rumour that putting them in the freezer straightened them.

They’ve been making wheel chair wheels in the years since

scotsman
    Free Member

Haro Free-styler and Skyway TA with tear drop tube frame with white Z rims which always had a hugely buckled back wheel from seeing how far we could bend them and still spring back into shape. Brilliant!
    BMX’s just aint so good nowadays!

rustler
    Free Member

Some soul on here gave me a set a year or two back. They reside on the kids trailer. Even now they look lovely. 🙂

vikingboy
    Free Member

My z rims threw me a right cropper after a huge landing back in the day. Those things could have done with a rebound damper for sure!

scotsman
    Free Member

Kuwahara Exhibitionist with white Z rims and a rotor, awsome! fek getting all sentimental!

scotsman
    Free Member

cant seem to post the images but check this link out,

Old School

NZCol

Haro master with lavender Z rims. Some unmentionable stole it.

scotsman
    Free Member

A mate has an unused still like the day he bought it DP free-styler in shocking pink with white Skyways and loads of other trick stuff for the era hanging on the wall in his lounge, needless to say he lives in a bachelor pad, hoping one day he will meet a nice lady so he will sell it to me!

scruff
    Free Member

I sold my skyways about 5 years ago for a screaming ebay retro-mega-profit.

Who rememebers Bob Haros Skyway Graphites ?

hora
    Free Member

Skyways- Now that is a old brand with class IMO.

I’d rather revive that than bloody Saracen.

I had a chromed-Skyway with white mag wheels.

thomthumb
    Free Member

why the chainguard on the bike in the advert?

weird!

PaulWilkinson
    Free Member

I had a pair of yellow Tuff 2s in the 80s that outlasted 2 frames – a Tange Exploder and a Huffy Pro Thunder……….they were wicked!!!!! Sold the BMX they were on in ’87 for peanuts in one of those decisions you regret for the rest of your life…….<sob>…………

coastkid
    Free Member

Who rememebers Bob Haros Skyway Graphites ?

Yes! and also these campagnolo hubbed tuffs 😮

SidewaysTim

I’ve got some Graphites on my PK Ripper that I’ll build into a complete bike once the recession goes away 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Skyway's are back !’ is closed to new replies.