Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • skye & torridon accomodation
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hey, looking at doing glen sligachan and torridon at start of june. Does anyone know of any good accomodation in that neck of the woods.. tried hostles but there booked..

druidh
    Free Member

The Torridon hotel has an “Inn” which has some good B&B rooms. I’ve stayed there a couple of times.

I’ve never used it, but I’ve heard nice things about the Tigh an Eilean in Shieldaig.

There’s a bunkhouse at Kinlochewe.

For Skye, try the Isles in Portree.

Spin
    Free Member

The Kinlochewe bunkhouse has been iffy in the past but might have improved.

Have you tried searching on Visitscotland?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    turbo1397
    Free Member

Haven’t tried visit scotland yet as thought id try here first hoping for some first hand experience of places.. will give visit scotland a look.. cheers

stevious

The Sligachan hotel also has a hostel attached. It’s really nice, but the service I’ve had from the hotel has been iffy. Not so bad that I wouldn’t recommend giving the ma look though.

skink2020

Kinlochewe bunkhouse is still iffy.
    A few good bothies near-ish Torridon.

yossarian
    Free Member

Camp.

Glenbrittle on skye and the far side of torridon (I forget the name)

Spin
    Free Member

I was at the Kinlochewe bunkhouse for a mates 30th. Much whiskey was drunk and the missus banned me from sleeping in the top tier of the 3 tier bunkbed. Above the concrete floor…

hairyneep
    Free Member

Stayed at Ledgowan Lodge Hotel in Achnasheen last year. It’s about 20 miles from Torridon but what a beatiful journey to get you in the mood for the big mountain rides. You’ve got the option of the hotel itself, the bunk house next door or (our choice) camp in the grounds with the use of the bunk house facilities. It’s really freindly and the beer and open fire were great at the end of the rides.

druidh
    Free Member

Last/only time I stayed at Ledgowan Lodge was for a Hogmanay/New Year bash and breakfast was interrupted by having to perform CPR on an elderly resident (she didn’t make it).

I have no reason to believe it was anything she ate or drank.

PS – try finding an undertaker at 10am on New Years Day in the Highlands 🙂

rickmeister

Aurora b&b near shieldaig, plus there is free camping on a small bit of ground just above the village…

Stayed here and it was pretty good…

http://croftbunkhouse.hotels.officelive.com/default.aspx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘skye & torridon accomodation’ is closed to new replies.