Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sky customer service ****
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Bought a new hd 3d tv last night and as I’ve got the full sky package with multiroom I thought I’d see how much it would cost to get an additional hd box for the living room. Our son already has an hd box so that’s our ‘free’ one used up.

Called them and the guy said ‘its £199 plus £60 set up cost’, er no thanks. Tried to sell me multiroom for another room which I don’t want either. Okay hold on he says I’ll see if there’s an offer on broadband, that’s ideal as I was thinking of moving from my current supplier anyway.

So we go through the deal for broadband and phone line which is good and a couple of pounds less than I’m paying now. So he says ‘do you want to go for that then?’ well yes but what’s the deal on the hd box then, ‘ah there’s no deal it’s still £259.’

**** off and goodbye.

Anyone had any success with the ‘I’m leaving what will you give me to stay’ line?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Anyone had any success with the ‘I’m leaving what will you give me to stay’ line?

Yep, they halved my monthly payment for 6 months.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

a year ago we tried for a new package and they did’nt want to know.

just before xmas our box died so we called and were given a mega deal.

i think the general advice is to keep caling back.

njee20
    Free Member

Get a box on eBay? There’s hundreds, they’re about £100 for a 1TB HD one.

tops5
    Free Member

I feel your pain Gary absolute **** – took them 8 weeks to get everything back on when we moved house. \everytime we called it was like news to them and we started again from square 1.

Cost us £50.00 in mobile phone bills to their “customer service” which they are evading paying.

Tried the “I’m leaving” thing in the past – just got “ok it will go off in 30 days, sorry to see you go”

Deffo leaving in June tho when the 12 months on the HD is up no matter what they offer

DezB
    Free Member

You don’t have to pay the £60 set up cost. You just have the box delivered and set it up yourself. Not sure why they didn’t tell you this – I recently swapped to a 1GB box and they come with full setup instructions.

Gary_M
    Free Member

on to them at the moment, sounds promising…..

Gary_M
    Free Member

ah that’s better, £60 set up cost only. Needs to be set up as they need to run the double cable in.

kimbers

Matt24k
    Free Member

I recently rang Sky and said that I am not feeling valued as an existing customer as Sky and Virgin are offering much better deals to new customers. It seemed like Virgin was the magic word because every time I said it things got better for me. After 10 minutes on the phone I got free line rental for 6 months and saved another £3 a month on my TV.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i’m currently n dispute with sky because the didn’t migrate my broadband correctly, rapidly heading towards ofcom getting involved – they just dont want to know.

product is good but their customer services are useless.

DezB
    Free Member

Needs to be set up as they need to run the double cable in.

Find a mate to do it 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m fine with paying for an ‘engineer’ to come out on a Saturday morning to do it to be honest. If I want the existing sky box installed anywhere else as a freeview box then they’ll do that while they’re here for no extra charge.

alibongo001

If you want to DIY I am sure I remember somewhere seeing someone selling the wires that they use to go between the Box and the LNB in the dish in a version that had both wires contained in an outer that was the same size as the old stuff they uses years ago.

As long has you have a 4 wire LNB then you could DIY in 30 mins!

(4 wire LNB’s are obvious as they have 4 wire outlets from the “Microphone” bit in the pickup from the dish.

Hope this helps!

Alastair

nealglover
    Free Member

So we go through the deal for broadband and phone line which is good and a couple of pounds less than I’m paying now. So he says ‘do you want to go for that then?’ well yes but what’s the deal on the hd box then, ‘ah there’s no deal it’s still £259.’
    **** off and goodbye.

So the broadband and Phone line deal was better than what you have now.

But you told them you didn’t want it.

Seems like you came off worse than they did really.

RustyMac

For the cable google “sky shotgun cable” this is the dual cable for sky+ the little bit i have is made by Webro. You will also need 4x F-connectors, these are used at either end of the cable for the LNB (reciever on the dish) and the connection to the sky box.

If you run the cable yourself you can get it :-
    1 exactly where you want it and
    2 route it in a descrete run.
    Sky will run it which ever way is easiest and it can look terrible. I have seen cables in flats run up comunal hallways, over doors, round the top of skirting and all sorts.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Cheers OP – just reminded me to look at my package costs and with a bit of a threat to move have saved myself nearly £10 a month !

uselesshippy
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be giving your money to that murdoch wa..er anyway.

unovolo
    Free Member

“Gary M”
    Please be aware that the cust service staff are fantastic bullsh!tters ,I’m a engineers for Sky an the amount of stuff the cust service guys promise is unbelievable.

The existing box relocate is one of there favourite promises however if it’s not down to be relocated on the engineers job sheet they it’s unlikely it will get moved, all our jobs are allocated a specific amount of time (which are way under what it takes to do the job in real life) so we are alway pushed for time.

If your intent on getting the existing box relocated for freeview check with the engineer that it’s on his job allocation as soon as they arrive,also as the box will no longer have a viewing card in (as it will go in your new Hd box) you won’t get channel 5 and neither BBC1 or ITV will be the correct region for where you live(unless you live in the central region as this is what the box will default too).

white101

no better at Virgin.

I was ‘sold’ a new super hub with upto 100mb download speed and much better wireless support around your home and for only £1 extra a month.

The reality?

30mb, same as before, 3hours on a phone over 2 days to a guy in India, fair play to him he got things sorted in the end. I rang him to say it wasnt working after my original call to cust serv on the afternoon said it was after an hour he asked me for the MAC number from the ‘super hub’ (sic) which I gave him and was told thats not your box its somebody elses. Ok says I why dont I use the other one you sent me as I have 2, well you shouldnt have, came the reply send it back to us.
    Feel like sending the lot back. No quicker (in fact much slower) than my previous modem/wirless set up and nobody can connect a smart phone to it now either. Cost me £30 and then they sent out a letter saying what we meant was £30 and £5 per month extra and by the way your package is going up another £4 a month. Bargain 😯

If they would answer the phone during the day I would tell the to come and collect it all and I will go back to the old system thank you.

Gary_M
    Free Member

So the broadband and Phone line deal was better than what you have now.

aye by £2 a month so I certainly wasn’t going for ‘the deal’ at that point in time.

Cheers unovolo I told them I didn’t want the box located anywhere else in the house anyway.

You shouldn’t be giving your money to that murdoch wa..er anyway.

Thanks for your input, but I’m bemused at what gives you the right to tell me where I can spend my money.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sky customer service ****’ is closed to new replies.