Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Skiing Question – La Clusaz
  • steve-g
    Free Member

Hi

Having never been skiing before I am thinking of giving it a go next year. I have been told that La Clusaz would be a good place to go as there are beginnery bits to do, and its not to expensive. I have looked into it and it does seem relatively cheap, however I am looking at the 3rd week in March and Im worrying that maybe it is cheap then because there will be no snow left when I get there.

Has anyone here ever been there at that time of year? Will there be enough snow around then? Or is there anywhere else that fits my “ok for beginners and cheap” selection criteria?

I plan to do some practice at the indoor centre here before I go so I should have some very basic skills by the time I get there.

Cheers

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve been end of March/start April and it was great. Unless you are very unlucky the snow should be fine but who knows what the snow will do next year?

Only criticism I would have is that it’s not exactly ‘party town’ and when I went there was a limited choice of restaurants as it was so late – no prob mid march.

As far as skiing goes, there is plenty choice for beginners, especially over from the main areas but it is ideal to practice on and relatively quiet as long as you don’t mind the poma tows. Not much queuing either apart from first thing on the main lifts out of town. Good variety too for when you get your ‘ski-legs’ in.

Overall it’s a good area which I would be happy to go back to for a week.

steve-g
    Free Member

Thanks mate, googling has lead me to snowheads, like a skiing STW, I will post over there and see what other info I can get

donald
    Free Member

It’ll be fine.

Even if they have a bad year and there isn’t much snow it won’t bother you if you are a complete beginner. You won’t need much snow to enjoy yourself.

Woody
    Free Member

Snowheads is good – also try Goneboarding as you will get good info there too…….just don’t mention you are a skier 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skiing Question – La Clusaz’ is closed to new replies.