Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Skiing Holidays suggestions please
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Hi

I want to take the missus away for a weeks skiing at the begining of the new year, not half term week! We have both done a bit of skiing in the past but would probably go for lessons in the morning. Problem is i know nothing about which resorts are any good, France , Austria , Swizterland and the hundereds of desternations within!

Any suggestions for a good, reasonable priced place for begginers with good bars and restaurants.

many thanks

Dino
    Free Member

Some helpful folk on here
    [/url]

Ideally i find you need to draw up a short list then go hunting for the holiday, otherwise you end up just looking and looking etc..
    Austria is good short transfers from airports and plenty of choice for all levels, also eating out is resonable if you go half board.
    Many say France which I have done also but the eating out tends to be expensive, so what you save on the holiday you spend on food etc.
    Would steer clear of Italy, Andorra etc.. Bulgaria also (unless you like ladies of the night waking you up in the middle of the night offering services) 😛

stonemonkey
    Free Member

thanks Capt

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Shop around on the net for good deals in early January. Anywhere featured in most brochures will be fine. Depending on where you can fly from, you can save a packet by booking last minute, especially if there’s just two of you.

If you’re both relative novices and will have lessons in the morning, then that’s a good arguement to avoid splashing out on a mega-resort like the 3 Valleys as you’ll not get the chance to ski it all.

Snow should be OK then, so look for somewhere with good ski schools and a variety of terrain. High barren mountainsides can be very cold in January. The other thread provides good recommendations.

Have fun.

bigbob38
    Free Member

Try http://www.skiolympic.co.uk

Been skiing for 30 years and had 2 super years with these guys now! I will be waiting to see what they offer as a deal in Jan…

Resort wise – I love France and find most resorts offer a good night life (at a price!)

Bunnyhop

I love Val d’isere or Tignes.
    Tignes for the skiing and Val for the restaurants, bars and proper village feel.

Or Les Arcs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Skiing Holidays suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.