Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Skateboard advice.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody on here know anything about skateboards? Our 8 year old wants a better one.

godzilla
    Free Member

Have you looked on Rollersnakes? they have some good deal’s going on + they do smaller size deck’s for little dudes.

grantway
    Free Member

Always wanted a Long Board
    To be honest a good basic one from a skate
    shop be fine

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Get a reasonably cheap one to see if he likes it and be prepared to start shelling out £60 a month on decks if he does.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

At what age do you start thinking about a full size board? And what sort of price do decent beginners boards start at?

Zedsdead
    Free Member
    headpotdog
    Free Member

Just got skateboards for my 6 & 8 year old girls from the Subvert store at Xscape in Castleford. The Enuff brand was pretty good & we built up custom boards so the kids had exactly the colour decks, wheels & trucks they wanted. Subvert staff couldn’t be more helpful either.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

my experience as a kid was that cheap boards were a real waste of money for the parents.

the quality of the wheels and bearings was so poor that the board made hard work of any poor surface and would stop at the sight of a stone.

hence the kids lost interest quickly and then wanted to try something else.

my first board was pretty decent at £60 back in the days of skate city, but it was quality and consequently I spent most of my waking hours on it.

Whereas the kids whose parents had spent £25 gave up and their parents could just kiss that £25 goodbye.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Skateboard advice.’ is closed to new replies.