Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Six Pack
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

ive got a 2 pack but im struggling to get the other 4. anyone got any advice?

Timmo
    Free Member

Stop sharing your beer with your mates! 😀

or sit ups and lots of them loL!
    when i was in my late teens and in fine body shape i used to do 100 a day, 30 in the morning, 35 when i got home from work and 35 before i went to bed, (was living out in the sticks so had very little else to do!)
    worked a treat, had a great six pack, sadly now in my early 30's its wrapped up safely inside a few inch's of blubber!;)

sc-xc

sit ups aren't the most effective way. Mix it up.

use a swiss ball, barbell rolls, plank, reverse crunches etc.

You have to get your body fat right down to see the abs, so lots of cardio as well.

backhander
    Free Member

Lower abs; leg raises. They hurt quite a lot though.
    Also try arching your back during sits/crunches.

sc-xc

leg raises. They hurt quite a lot though.

especially if you hold for 10 seconds 6" off the ground, then hold for 10 seconds halfway, then back to 6" on each rep 😐

backhander
    Free Member

Or get a mate to throw your legs at the floor and then try to stop them from touching down.

chvck
    Free Member

Or get a mate to throw your legs at the floor and then try to stop them from touching down.

That sounds like a recipe for kicking your mate in the head!

jabbathehut
    Free Member

all good advice. The plank is awesome for good core strength. tho its all pointless if you have some blubber covering them up.

Low body-fat is the key.

epicyclo

I used to have a six-pack. Now I have one very large muscle there instead 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

how many sit ups are too many. When in the forces we went away for six months and one of the lads did about three hundred a day. Look like he had an eight or ten pack after the tour. But the pti said only a certain amount are any good for you any more and your wasting your time. Any truth in this.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if you want a six pack, you need not only to have toned abdominals but also to have a very low bady fat percentage. only then will the flesh on top of your abdomen be thin enough for the six pack to show. so all the situps in the world won't do you any good if you don't get the bodyfat down.

JxL
    Free Member

I think it depends on the "quality" of sit ups rather than the quantity. If you do them with a good technique, it will work better rather than 300 half-arsed ones, swinging your arms to get the momentum.

baa
    Free Member

I have a party seven(for those old enough to remember)

tinribz
    Free Member

Every time you do a sit-up punch your self in the stomach. I swear it gets rid of the flab.

Travis

the more building of a muscle you do, the larger it will grow, therefore, lots and lots of situps aren't the answer.

Core session, aerobic work, and cut down on beer are the key.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Six pack? I've got a barrel

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Six Pack’ is closed to new replies.