Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Singular Swift – new build
  • rOcKeTdOg

yea i originally put some ea70's @ 580mm on, ok but when i tried the 620mm Bontys it was much better

fennesz
    Free Member

I've got Titec flattracker on mine. Taking it to Woburn Sands on Saturday for it's first proper ride. Only problem I have with it is the tubeless tyres won't stay up.

STATO
    Free Member

Very nice, i cant wait to build mine now. If only i had some nicer parts for it 🙁

ady
    Free Member

John i seem to have lost your E.mail and phone no if you still have my e.mail let me know when you are up for a ride.
    Taking the R8 for its first proper test on sat afternoon at brandon will be a bit of stop/start ride as want to get it set up to suit me .

soma_rich
    Free Member

Best looking bikes on the market IMO 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

Ady YGM

tracknicko
    Free Member

GATE!

slowjo
    Free Member

pleb! 😉

TBH most of my bikes do look like gates but IMO this one doesn't…. it looks surprising well proportioned. Well that's what I believe and I'm sticking to it!

tracknicko
    Free Member

those forks do not look well proportioned. the front view looks very tall/skinny.

im a tall fella myself, so sadly end up riding a few gates, but being SS and slim tubed, this is gatey as ****.

admit it!

rootes1

my xl swift looks less gatey than the old cannondale m2000 (in 22") i used to ride in early 90's

its the 29er wheels that balance the look out for bigger frames

ps didn't stop someone gaffer taping a gate hinge to my c'dale head tube once when left at a shop… and it even had a horizontal top tube!

bomberman
    Free Member

Not bad. For a middle class middle aged organic vegetarian

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I dont think any pictures do Swifts justice, they're simply stunning in the flesh (metal?). Unless you have a hard-on for serious oversized tubing, the steel build allows slimmer tubes, which gives it a classy look. (imo of course)

slowjo
    Free Member

tracknicko…. I'll give you the point that the fork looks a bit leggy but otherwise, it looks very well proportioned to me. A helluva lot better than my old surly used to look with 26" wheels. The proof of the pudding however, is in the eating and at the end of the day if I had a five bar gate that rode like a dream that would be fine by me. Having said that, tall peeps don't really have any option do they?

Walks off [sobbing]…. it's not a gate, it's not….. see if I care[/sobbing]

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

As an aside how does the Phil wood EBB perform in the swifts?
    It's the only thing which is putting me off buying one. I have a rig and the Bushnell EBB in that is either moving or creaking

sadexpunk

faultlessly 🙂

rootes1

i think mine looks in proportion:

and that is an XL

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift – new build’ is closed to new replies.