Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singular Hummingbird
  • andrewmoke
    Free Member

1 – Photos please

2 – Do they take some abuse, such as a bit of trail centers, drops and jumps, while they are fairly light and ease to commute?

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

tick

on point 2, based on my Swift (29″ equivalent) I’m sure it’ll do all those things though you’ll have to define ‘fairly light’.

rOcKeTdOg

[tannoy]postirrich to the forum[/tannoy]

Sam

The Hummingbird is intended to be fairly sturdy, though it is certainly some way from being a ‘hardcore hardtail’. It’s always hard to be prescriptive and say something like ‘up to 3 foot drops are fine’, because they would be under a relatively light rider with a smooth landing style. But might not be under some clumsy behemoth landing to flat every day.

You’ve probably seen all the pics on my flickr – this one is possibly the nicest build I’ve seen (though postierich’s is very nice as well!)

Singular Hummingbird prototype by Singular Cycles

If we’re talking commuter, I put this one together recently for my Mum.

Hummingbird commuter for Sue by Singular Cycles

Andy-R

I’ve done plenty of 2 foot-ish drops on mine and it puts up with that ok (with rigid forks and 29″ wheel).
    I’m not that heavy though, at 70kgs. I’m sure that it would take a lot more stick than I give it.

At the moment I’m playing about with an Alfine hub on it, as a change from SS – I reckon that it’s the most fun bike that I’ve ever owned.

Is that a 26″ front wheel on the “commuter” build, Sam?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Singular Hummingbird’ is closed to new replies.