Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • singletrack classic weekender who going??
  • Stevie-G
    Free Member

So I’m off tommorow night to sign on. It’s only the second race i’ve entered so a bit nervous!! More into the downhill side really…

Simon

I’m “racing”, still can’t decide which bike to ride. 🙄

Steve was your other race the Kielder Enduro?

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Yes i did the Kielder Enduro DH…
    I wouldn’t worry about your bike choice i’ll have to take my Yeti ASX a bit overkill!!! or maybe my singlespeed Max Max LoL…

TonyL
    Free Member

some short but killer climbs on the xc, I reckon thats where it will be decided!

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Yeah not much chance of overtaking on the downs and i’ll be most likely the one pushing up all the hills!! Well should be a good laugh anyway..

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m going. Just been packing up as we’re heading over tomorrow lunchtime. I’m also going to be somewhat overbiked as I’ll be on my Nomad. Only other option would be my dirt jump hardtail which would be fine for the DH and trials but awful for the XC. I’m sure I’ll cope though. Looking forward to it

Simon

I’ve got a Prophet or a 456 to choose between, I’m probably going to bring the 456 as it’ll be better for the up-hill bits on the XC.

Stevie G, my starting number was 204 at Kielder were you anywhere around there?

cp

Yeah, I am- will be going up on Friday aswell… Riding my 456 🙂 reckon it could be a bit slippy slidy on the rocks n the wet??!!!!!!!!

Simon

The rocks seem fairly grippy in the wet (it usually is at Lee Quarry).
    Pinch flats on the DH will be more of a problem.

stumpyjon

Can’t see it being wet, bone dry in sunny Rossendale at the moment. Even if it does rain (and there is very little forecast) it’ll just run off the ground’s that hard.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just checked the forecast. Looks like theres a bit of rain due tomorrow and then the odd shower over the rest of the weekend… Taking the gazeebo to sit under in case it does!

cp

It’ll rain- it’s amountain bike race in Lancashire!! Actually, to be fair, the forecast is getting better the closer we get 🙂

Drac

Me although still not decided to enter or not.

Just in from work a little sleep, packing then it’s gone baby gone.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Forecast for Rochdale ain’t too bad actually here.

Heavy showers this aft for a couple of hours and then sunshine with the odd shower thrown in for the rest of the weekend. Excellent.

Looking on the bright side, its going to be better weather than Hit The North at this time last year!

Drac

Looking promising. Time to pack.

Baldysquirt

See you folks there. I’ll be choosing my only bike – Pipedream Sirius. Should be about right – it’s not as if I’m quick anyway.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well it’s pissing down in south manchester right now… not that that’s any problem due to the bacup micro-climate…

i might head up this afternoon to play about a bit, then i’ll be marshalling the weekend and camping tomorrow night i think.

philjunior
    Free Member

Gonna be doing it on my geared bike…

Quite looking forward to it, as long as my PB/GF’s back doesn’t get any worse. :S

IamSam
    Free Member

I’m going!

will be getting there at some point this evening, hope the weathers better than it is up here its persisting it down at the moment.

Off to buy some 6″ nails to use as tent pegs because the camping is in the bottom of the old quarry which is made of rock

Should be fun!!

dot
    Free Member

Just discovered you have to use the same tyres for all disciplines (just in case anyone else missed that rule like moi)

lowey

I’ll be cheering you guys on from under the safety of a golfing brolly whilst Marshalling on Sunday.

Have a good one everyone.

stumpyjon

Hmm…… my missus rung me earlier from home (about 2 miles from the quarry) and it’s raining very hard as it is here in Clitheroe, hopefully a lot of it will run off and dry out before tomorrow.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hey simon i was number 156 at the Kielder race and finished in 143. How about you??
    As for weather i’ve been rained off at work today hope it fairs up for tomorrow…

Simon

I finished 198th, which I was a bit disappointed with.
    I’ll be back next year aiming to do better.

Stevie-G
    Free Member

I had nothing to give on the downhills my legs were dead!! I need to get training for next year. Great weekend though! Will be back…

Chase
    Free Member

Will be there with Simon tomorrow. Just been beer shopping this morning, and the ice packs are in the freezer..
    Like many, I am still undecided about the bike choice – It’s either the Summer Season or RM Slayer SXC. Both have advantages, but one thing for sure the rear will be running with a DH tube after 4 out of 6 of us punctured on the DH section last friday.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Raining in Halifax still but its only light and its brightening up. Forecast looking better for this evening and then getting better throughout the weekend.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

UPDATE: SUNSHINE IN HALIFAX

Chase
    Free Member

Last friday it was miserable in Oxenhope/Haworth and glorious in Hebden Bridge/Bacup.
    Too many microclimates at work to ever really be sure what the weather will be like.

Chase
    Free Member

Yeah not much chance of overtaking on the downs and i’ll be most likely the one pushing up all the hills!! Well should be a good laugh anyway..

Ha ha, that’s my thinking too. I’m in this for the laugh, not the glory.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘singletrack classic weekender who going??’ is closed to new replies.