Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Singletrack availiability
  • b_man
    Free Member

Once again I have bought MBUK, not because I like it or the content but because it was available when singletrack was not…. and it came with a free cable lock which whilst I know will break if a thief looks at it the wrong way it was still free and makes the proposition of a crap magazine somewhat bearable…

I only tend to buy magazines in ASDA or Tesco as they are the only shops I go into regularly… no WHS very handy to me and no where else that stocks singletrack….

Why is it that singletrack is not stocked my local supermarkets???

Rant over

b_man
    Free Member

Yeah I know that’s the answer however I am sure there are loads of others like me who buy enough magazines in a year to warrant a subscription but never actually like to commit to twelve months of purchases in one go….

coogan
    Free Member

Why buy a magazine you don’t like? Pretty stupid thing to do.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

Subscribe, then you won’t need to grumble on the internet.

HTH

and join the whinging each month when the mag arrives on your doorstep after it’s been in the shops

HTH

sc-xc

I have a hazy memory of someone from ST saying it was quite hard to get into the shops – they only stock what they know will sell, and there is only so much shelf space – probably the reason they are in the bigger Tescos and WH Smiths.

Tiger6791

Niche innit!

Tesco and MBUK are mainstream

b_man
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    I have a hazy memory of someone from ST saying it was quite hard to get into the shops – they only stock what they know will sell, and there is only so much shelf space – probably the reason they are in the bigger Tescos and WH Smiths.

On that note I wonder what the different magazine readership numbers are like?

Does MBUK sell that many more?

maxray
    Free Member

I keep forgetting I have a sub. It is such a pleasant surprise when it turns up in the post.

Tiger6791

I keep forgetting I have a sub. It is such a pleasant surprise when it turns up in the post.

Now there’s a joke in there somewhere

boxxer7
    Free Member

Does MBUK sell that many more?

In my shop it sells loads better, I stock singletrack and don’t sell any! (except me)

clareymorris

I bought 2 this afty from small local newsagent (I’m in it and wanted to send Dad a copy!!!)

I appreciate that doesn’t help you though…..sorry!

nibby
    Free Member

What about a premier sub. £15 and you get the mag in pdf or viewer software and all past issues. Seems a good deal to me.

b_man
    Free Member

good deal but I like to read them on paper, I spend too much time looking at a screen as it is…. if I had an iPad it might be a different story though

elaineanne
    Free Member

if you live anywhere near Hebden Bridge or Todmorden then you can get the mag ! local shop and a bike shop… 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack availiability’ is closed to new replies.