Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • SingletonsTrackWorld… A question…
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

I don’t know where all the single 30 year old women hang out?

london… but they’re all pretending to be 18-22years old from my experience.

here you go lads:

http://www.slightlywonkythaibrides.com

(works out cheaper cos of the distinct level of wonk each one has

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm…

Get bored easily, have control issues, complete lack of tolerance, very emotionally selfish, insecure and borderline psychopathic.

No, I can’t understand why I’m single, either… 😕

allthegear
    Free Member

You have a sense of humour, though – that’s worth something…

Rachel

Northwind

Ah, various reasons. Unrealistic expectations, comparing everyone to the one that got away, selfishness, general antisocialness… And a few others that I’ve forgotten. I was going to say haven’t met the right person but y’know, it’s perfectly possible I have and I just didn’t bother to find out.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So does Charles Manson, and he’s getting even less than me….

Oh yeah, forgot:

Utter perfectionist, fantasist, find it extremely difficult to really trust someone else, and can’t stand pretentiousness and falseness. I feel that honesty in others is very, very hard to come by.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…Why are you, or why do you think you are, single?…

various reasons obviously, but mostly because i want the moon on a stick.

emsz
    Free Member

WOW Elfin, that’s a bit extreme!

Is that really you? you seem different to all that on here! You’re funny and smart, I like reading what you have to say, and agree with your point of view on lots of things.

ahwiles
    Free Member

yeah, but he’s after a sympathy-shag.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I’d say so, yes, if I’m being brutally honest.

No good sitting wondering why stuff’s not as you want, you’ve got to understand the root causes. Otherwise a person can tend to blame external reasons for perceived failures/inadequacies etc. Which is counterproductive.

I quite like being single though. I sometimes look at couples and think ‘jeeze, why TF do you put up with each other?’

mboy
    Free Member

Sounds good to me! Only trouble is, I don’t know where all the single 30 year old women hang out? Certainly not in any pubs I’ve been to recently! Feel like such an old timer on nights out now…

Errr, that’s the problem… There are no 30yo single women (well maybe in London still hanging on to their early 20’s), they’ve all settled down, are having kids etc. Plenty of early 20’s girls wanting older men, and plenty of late 30’s divorcee’s wanting younger men though… 😉

Get bored easily, have control issues, complete lack of tolerance, very emotionally selfish, insecure and borderline psychopathic.

Utter perfectionist, fantasist, find it extremely difficult to really trust someone else, and can’t stand pretentiousness and falseness. I feel that honesty in others is very, very hard to come by.

I sometimes look at couples and think ‘jeeze, why TF do you put up with each other?’

Got to be said perhaps I’m a little less extreme than Elfin, but empathise with many, if not most of his qualities. Which perhaps doesn’t help that I’ve recently managed to make the one person inside the last 7 years that has wanted to know me run away!

It gets you noticed, but that’s about it… Girls are either superficially entertained by a guy with a good sense of humour, and after 5 minutes of first meeting it has lost its novelty value. Or they’re like my ex GF who expects me, after a year of going out together, to be fully of new original, witty anecdotes and stories every single bloody day, and moans “you’ve got boring” if I’m not! Christ, all the world’s best comedians have to recycle their material at some point… 😕

allthegear
    Free Member

You’re right that it is simply a way to “get noticed” – but then we all need something!! 🙂

Rachel

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I find being an angry, shouty short person with a big axe gets you noticed….

…not particularly by the people you might want to be noticed by however!

cinnamon_girl

Why are you, or why do you think you are, single?

Had a MLC, ditched the ex and bought a Ti. 8)

I’m happy. 😀

mustard
    Free Member

choice, fussy and a little bit of shyness

and

I just need to find someone with the exact same interests

Maybe not exact but in past relationships i’ve either;
    -done all the compromising and in doing so compromised myself
    or
    -felt bad that they would be at home on their tod when i was doing my thing or as on one occasion, sitting in the car when I was snowboarding, was amazing of her to want to do that but didn’t feel healthy.

A healthy relationship needs a balance and I’m happy at the moment. Being single doesn’t stress me out, I’m confident things will happen in their own time.

Yeti – you can quote me on this when I’m a sad lonely grumpy old man 😆

[edit]
    Ha! It was a page and more than an hour ago I started typing that!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

shyness mostly i’d say. a small helping of laziness probably doesn’t help.

The love of my life walked away from me in 1995 (Friday March 3rd @ 08.36) I remember the screams vividly even now.

She found a bloke who shared her interest in musicals and married a year later. They split. Shame.

That was the year I spent a week in Scotland on my own and found a MTB hire shop.

Its been bikes ever since.

sharki
    Free Member

No room on this hobo road, or nobody crazy enough to join me.

mustard
    Free Member

Sharki earlier (but with more plaster and beer):
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banXT6azA-4[/video]
    😆

Trampus
    Free Member

I’m a widower,and I had 23yrs of genuinely happy coupledom.
    I have a dedicated team of daughters, supplemented by an elderly, disabled, inherited FiL, who regularly carry out ‘destructive testing’ on any new relationship I form.
    Thankfully, it supposedly ensures my future happiness! 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

Given that I’m a student I should be rolling in clunge, however I’m not, primarily for being shy/antisocial, still hung up on a relationship-that-never-was, ginger, specs, scrawny… So bit of my choice and bit of their choice.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Kit – that offer of a hug is still there… I’m willing to travel 🙂

steveh

I think that maybe I just don’t meet enough single girls I’m interested in, those I like all just want to be friends, think I’m great etc but don’t want more than that. Hopefully at some point I’ll find someone who feels the same.

So it’s not really fro choice for me but I’d rather be single waiting for the right thing to happen than making the wrong thing happen.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

when I was single I didn’t come across anybody who sparked my interests; partly because of lack of talent (Dundee!) and partly because I take a fair while to decide if I like someone, be that within friendship or romantic relationship- saves a lot of hassle in the long run.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m single as my missus moved out two weeks ago.

It would appear that she’s having a full blown crisis over ‘what she wants from life’

It’s not me & owning a house by the looks of things! (it would’ve been nice if she’d worked that out six months ago before we bought a house together)

So in answer to your question, I’m pretty sure I’m single through no fault of my own, and I’m actually kind of enjoying it thus far…

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m quite happy in my own company, can do whatever I want etc. Think I had a bad experience for years with someone I really loved who was a massive control freak. Blind to it at the time. Now, I can’t stand the feeling of not being free to do or think whatever I want. Also very fussy, moon on a stick, pretty shy, incredibly ugly etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Being single is a choice thing, be it easy or hard.
    I chose to be single after a relationship of 12yrs just wasn’t going anywhere. After years of supporting, mentoring, helping, financial support, you name it I did it. And one day I looked and thought “nah” I’m done, what’s in it for me.. Once I stopped doing what I’d always done I got a different response, she left within 3 months. She sat across from me and said “I’m going home” Those words spoke more about the relationship than any I’d heard in years.. “Home” eh, sure, if she was “going home” that meant not with me and that this wasn’t her home.
    I said “Ok, your not happy I can see that” and that was it, off she trotted.
    Having been single for 2.5 years after that I found that I still had all the spirit and love to give, but this time not overcompensate for the lack of such in the other partner, So far it’s going well with my new SO, she’s a solid lovely girl of high morals and she’d simply come to the same conclusion in her previous relationship..
    Our choice was to get together and we’re happy to see how it progresses. We’re most definetly in Love and will continue to live apart for the forseeable, but one day we’ll make the decision to marry, and that’ll be a first for me and her.

I’d say if you are happy on your own, then so be it. If not then there are so many ways to meet new people and you know what, regardless of age (it matters not one kot) you’ll find someone who’s equal to you.

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

The way I see it there are people who get what they want and those that dont.

No point in whining on about it…

noodle24
    Free Member

Well I am single, have been on and off for 6 years, to be honest i would love to be in a relationship, however i do love my cycling too, Its proving hard to find someone local and as mad about bikes as me, but i guess i am a bit fussy to and enjoy my space, as so many of you say it is a compromise, That said if there is anyone in the Surrey/ Hampshire area looking for a riding buddy.. well come and say hi. Not so sure i likes someones comment on here about plenty of divorced late 30s looking for younger men.. i feel like a cradlesnatcher!! someone around my age would be nice or older!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You need to say how old you are then noodle!

*All fees to be made to payable to Hairy Palms Dating Service c/o Yeti.

mboy
    Free Member

Not so sure i likes someones comment on here about plenty of divorced late 30s looking for younger men..

LOL, sorry, was said in jest to cheer the bloke up! Not everyone is the same… Though since my GF dumped me, I have had a fair few older women chat me up it has to be said!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I’m single because I’m very selfish and a bit of a pompous asshole. I have very high standards and I just can’t seem to find a partner that fulfills them, I’m usually bored after a few dates. They all seem to be super camp or flaky and want to fit in with a label, whereas I’m “straight acting”, I don’t have time for all that, being gay is a sexual preference, not some lifestyle mantra. Maybe it’s me age! I’m not lonely though, I have plenty of mates and a great family, and spend nearly all of my time doing things I enjoy.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘SingletonsTrackWorld… A question…’ is closed to new replies.