Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • singlespeed chain help needed
  • DJTC
    Free Member

i am in the final stages of building a singlespeed build everything is set but the chain i will be running 32-16 with a dmr simple tension seeker i have tried adjusting my old 9 speed chain and failed. should i use a singlespeed specific chain? if so what size should i be looking at and any recomendations or help would be much apreciated

thanks

rootes1

? why have you failed? chain too slack?

DJTC
    Free Member

chain to slack so took a link out then two then suddenly too short so pit links in too long then took out too short, it has been an epic battle that i have unfortunatley lost and consequently i need a new chain!!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you need to buy a new chain, anything from a 8 speed, kmc/sram/shimano one up to a full on track chain will do.

Check which will fit through your tensioner though.

Have you also tried moving the chain tensioner to adjust tension?

DJTC
    Free Member

yeah i have, the chain is now too short and i cannot even get it on now and have no links to put in so will just be buying a new one and get someone a little better than me too fit it

rootes1

i different chain is not going to help as chains the same pitch i.e. 1/2"

unless you get a 1/2link chain.. or fit and 1/2link into a SS chain

BUT

you would be better getting a tensioner that has more adjustment. or perhaps run the chain under the tensioner rather than over the roller on the DMR.

some general instructions here
    http://www.dmrbikes.com/res/pdf/maintenance/tensionseeker_install.pdf

epicyclo

Try a 17 cog?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Don't be a wuss 32:15 is the way to go………………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘singlespeed chain help needed’ is closed to new replies.