Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Simple Website set up (free if possible)
  • dti

I want to set up a simple website to promote a new business.

Any suggestions – must be user friendly and fairly idiot proof.

Any suggestions

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

use i web?

this is what i did with no experience:

http://www.jbmtbmedia.co.uk

peterfile
    Free Member

After a few recommendations from people on here, I’ve just set up a wordpress site. I know naff all about web design and even I can get stuff to appear on the screen, so it must be pretty use friendly!

Just find a web host, choose your domain name (normally free if you take a hosting package), install wordpress on your site and off you go. Cost me £30 for the year and took about 5 mins to set up.

Been playing around with wordpress themes, there’s definitely something there to get you going, whether you are just looking for a simple contact details/blog type thing, or something fairly sophisticated and layered.

poly
    Free Member

I would agree wordpress would do what you need easily. There are other good “content management systems” available – and I’m currently experimenting with Concrete5 for a similar project. In my opinion it does some of the things a complete novice might expect.

Personally I use CloudNext for my hosting and domain registration (<£30 per year) and it comes with wordpress and concrete5 (and some others) ready to go on your server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Simple Website set up (free if possible)’ is closed to new replies.