Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sigh – recomend me a Fridge freezer & washing machine ta whitegoodstrackworld
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Finally got the keys to my first house. I am not in debt to the bank for the rest of eternity (just in time for xmas.

Can anyone make some recommendations for a 600mm wide (ive got 750mm ish gap) Fridge freezer around the 300l mark (200l fridge 100l ish freezer?).

Preferably in black as the kitchen cupboard are (in parts) gloss black, as is the Piano in the dining room which I have been informed by my girlfriend I am inheriting from her house. It’s all open plan so as quiet as possible would be a bonus. Other than that I don’t know what you look for in a Fridge / freezer other than efficiency?

Ditto a washing machine – fast, efficient, quiet? (is it a case of pick 1 / 2?)

Having never bought either any advice would be appreciated. Budget wise the cheaper end of the spectrum would be the aim!

Ta.

bearnecessities

May I be the first to say congratulations & Bosch.

Edit: Sounds like a Lord Flashheart chat-up line.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Thank you! It only took three years of living in a caravan in the Australian outback to get myself out of debt and a house deposit together. Somewhere along the line I acquired a young lady who for some unfathomable reason puts up with me!?

matt_outandabout

Just wait a week – lots of folk buy me kitchens and white goods ‘because’ and in the sale.

From gumtree we have a £100, 2 month old Samsung fridge freezer and a £80 one year old tumble drier. I helped a mate collect dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine, all from John Lewis that were bought then the lady decided she ‘needed’ a new kitchen, so less than a year later my mate paid £400 for the lot, with 2 years of paid for extended warrant still on and transferable….

mudshark
    Free Member

I just use revoo – recently bought this:

http://www.reevoo.com/p/indesit-iwd71251

V quiet but some cycles are long.

nemesis
    Free Member

Got this a few months back – takes a very large load, does a 40 degree wash in under an hour (39mins at 30 degrees which is what we use) and has a timer which is nice when you’re trying to work out if it’s worth waiting for it to finish before you head out.

http://ao.com/product/ECOWMB81445LW-Beko-Washing-Machine-White-26084.aspx

Kryton57

Well, being a Bosch-a-holic and that our Fridge Freezer failed last Monday, Mrs K spent ages looking for a suitable Bosch and we ended up with one of these

Not from Argos though, she found one for £389. Superior, apparently (personally I’m not so sure but I let her take control for er, once 😐 )

Kryton57

bearnecessities – Member
    May I be the first to say congratulations & Bosch.

Edit: Sounds like a Lord CaptainFlashheart chat-up line.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I was looking at a Samsung one but with out the water cooler bit. Had a 10year parts warranty on the compressor apparently.

MoreCashThanDash

Bosch fans here. Gradually replacing all our white goods with Bosch as they fail.

Drac

Kryton57

I was looking at a Samsung one but with out the water cooler bit. Had a 10year parts warranty on the compressor apparently.

Yes it does, reliability helped by the digital inverter

scuttler

Bosch washer from the budget ‘Classixx’ range. If there’s not many of you get a 6kg load, more if you have kids or are messy git or pervert. Don’t get a combination washer / dryer as they’re cack.

EDIT – “three years of living in a caravan in the Australian outback” means you’ll be into some pretty weird stuff so get a bigger 7 or 8 kg one. Welcome back to civilisation 😉

bigblackshed

Siemens.

Both of ours have 5 year guarantees. Bought from a Euronics centre, free life time call out and labour.

Buy cheap, but twice.

mudshark
    Free Member

Would a, say, £500 washing machine last more than twice as long as a £250 one?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Like my cars i subscribe to KISS

On the prinicpal that it has one purpose in life – that is to wash or keep things cold. So keeing it simple means less to go wrong , and if its gone wrong less possible culprits.

My only concession was a timer delay on the washing machine.

I picked up fridge , freezer , dishwasher and washing machine for 900 quid, total All bosch from co-op electrical delivered and unpacked.

All still doing as designed 3 years later, but then im not a serial destroyer of kit, non of my rental kit died in my use and some of that was pretty ropey/old.

matt_outandabout

Would a, say, £500 washing machine last more than twice as long as a £250 one?

Our LG cost a fair bit, but is now I think 13 years old. You can get parts, it has worn out bearings and a damper. I did them myself. I would buy good quality, but as I said earlier, there are some silly good nearly new bargains to be had…

pugster007
    Free Member

I have had a Bosch Classix washer & fridge/freezer since I bought my first home, 13 years now, no problems to report, although the washer does bounce a bit if there are too many towels in …….

mudshark
    Free Member

The washing machine I just replaced was a Bosch, no idea how old as was in the house when I bought it but the on/off switch needed to be held in for the machine to run, the fascia wasn’t on it when we moved in and when the drum stopped spinning I figured easiest to just replace – maybe I could have fixed it.

dragon
    Free Member

Another fully equipped Bosch kitchen here. Separate fridge and freezer came with the house then we changed the dishwasher and washing machine as the old ones died.

Once you are minted get Miele.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

As loathed as I am to thank the conservatives for anything the change in stamp duty saved me nearly a grand so I have about £800 for a fridge freezer and a washing machine.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll have a look at some Bosch ones when I’m having as compare. I’d rather not have to replace them for a decade quite frankly!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sigh – recomend me a Fridge freezer & washing machine ta whitegoodstrackworld’ is closed to new replies.