Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SIDI Shoes…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Worth the cash??

bristolbiker
    Free Member

They fit my feet and have the feel of slippers in comparison to the feel of boots with Shimano.

Worth the money?….. only you can decide that……..

tang
    Free Member

In a good sale yes! Got some eagle srs cheap and with spesh insoles, very glove like for my narrow feet andxc riding duties I think newer versions have some better toe area protection which I found lacking.

MSP

Sidi uppers conform to your feet, where as Shimano and specialized make your feet conform to the shoe. Although I am a convert to lake shoes now.

ton

deffo worth the cash.
    sidi dominator mega’s are fantastic well made comfy shoes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cool, Ton the megas are the wide fit… how fat are your feet?
    Mine are pretty wide.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They do come up a bit narrow, well they do for me anyway

ton

yeti…….like big fat horrible hobbit feet…… 😆

redfordrider
    Free Member

I’ve been using SIDI Dominator 5 Megas for 2 years. I’ve got size 43 EE feet and wear a size 44 Mega in SIDI. Very comfortable, rigid soles, light and well made. You can buy replacement bits if things fall off – which they haven’t.

My only concern is that the plastic ridges on the soles are hard and lack any sort of grip making them dangerous when hiking the bike on flat rocks.

Overall, for me they are definately worth the money. However, I’m seriously tempted by Lakes MX 235 in wide.

gee
    Free Member

My Sidis lasted one season, then the sole fell off. That was on £250 Dragon SRS Carbon.

Total crap.

GB

DaveRambo

My current Sidi dominators must be about 10 or so years old. I’ve replaced the tread blocks twice and they are showing no sign of needing replacing.
    They are my second pair – the first lasted 8 or 9 years I think.
    I tend to wear them only about half the year when it’s on the warm side.

They are very well made, with most of the bits that can break/wear being replaceable.

IMO the cheapest cycling shoes, indeed shoes, I’ve ever owned.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SIDI Shoes…’ is closed to new replies.