Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Sick of things breaking
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Stumpy – thanks for your comment – we are leaving the window open to vent and we do already have a dehumidifier in the house anyway (old house/gable end/exposed location based problems) so that should stop mould from forming though. Should…

Re earthing – the house was recently rewired and has the latest code RCD device so it shouldn’t be that.

So – time for me to ditch the shell suit…

nickf
    Free Member

To put a pisser on things, I got the exit of Barn wrong at a Cadwell park trackday yesterday and now concussed.

To be fair, Barn is probably the scariest corner I can think of – I had an almost-highside on a Firestorm there which still makes me shudder when I think about it. Half off the bike, with feet bounced out of the pegs and my tackle splayed on the tank…..I thought I was definitely off and probably about to get seriously injured.

Slightly damp summer conditions plus whatever comes out of the trees that overhang the corner made the grip levels exiting Barn totally variable. Later on the same trackday a guy got killed about 300m down the track (just by the start-finish line), which was the final straw for me. I’ve not been on a bike trackday since, and if I were to go back to them I’d avoid Cadwell – I’m not good enough and the consequences of crashing are much higher than at most other circuits.

Oh, and the front parking sensors on my car just started playing up, to bring this back on topic.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Took my Civic off the road last December to save money, started it up weekly to keep it running, last night ABS and Power steering warning light come on. I took it for a quick spin round the local streets to see if it was damp in the brakes etc, EPS is definately not working over 2500 rpm which makes cornering interesting and the ABS if off… Boiler at the house we rent out is playing up, the electrics went last week but were a cheap fix, our own house alarm is down, wedding in May this year and associated costs, other half is still on maternity leave until April!

Still trying not to use my credit cards which are clear for the first time in 10 years.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS

Car in for its service today (expected cost, I can deal with that).

One tyre badly worn on inside edge (inexplicably) so another £125 on top.

Then get back in the car and it has developed a fault where it assumes the doors are open and therefore won’t lock. I am hoping the garage did something silly which they can repair – going back in tomorrow so they can have a look.

SICKSICKSICK of this.

jenbe
    Free Member

if youre electrical appendices keep breaking, get a surge protector, and they will last much longer!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have a current code RCD in the house – I wouldn’t expect surges really.

I think the surge we have is one of bad luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Sick of things breaking’ is closed to new replies.