• This topic has 48 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 69er.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Sick of sram
  • trailertrash

I must also be doing something wrong, x9 all the way, never had any real problems, last ages, really reliable, don’t need that much adjusting.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Grim,

Had exactly the same trouble on my 2010 Crush.

I’ve also upgraded the shifters and rear mech to X0.

Slick now! 🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

Actually, to balance my previous post out, most SRAM equipped bikes I see are commuters – lower to middle groupsets – and they don’t shift as well as the equivalent Shimano. So I guess the top end kit might shift better.

Pieface

Only ever used and am happy with Shimano.

HTH

Ambrose

I’ve had to free up two different XT front mechs in the last month.

grim168
    Free Member

Gonna take shifter apart and see what i can do with it. Nothing ventured nothing gained 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think those who like SRAM are just trying to be different

What a load of utter crap.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Actually, to balance my previous post out, most SRAM equipped bikes I see are commuters – lower to middle groupsets – and they don’t shift as well as the equivalent Shimano

I think cheap SRAM works better than cheap Shimano. And I think expensive Shimano is a bit better than expensive SRAM…… until the cables start to gum it all up, then SRAM keeps going longer

69er
    Free Member

Don’t particularly like Shimano, but the kit works, obviously. Have got SRAM on the 69er and it too works well. What was your point again?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Sick of sram’ is closed to new replies.