Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Show us your favourite pub.
  • federalski
    Free Member

The Dolphin is at the bottom of Byres Road I think. Inn Deep is over on….a road I cannot remember, beside Kelvin Bridge Underground.

rj
    Free Member

Inn Deep used to be The Big Blue and my wife assures me it was the Dolphin before that. They’ve opened the arch next door as a sort of smokers area, or an-almost-outside-when-it’s-raining bit.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nah – that used to be the Dolphin, by virtue of there being a rotting blue wooden dolphin. Spent many a bleary eyed day and evening there. Splendid pub, shich could only have been improved by Williams Bros beer.

federalski
    Free Member

I am speaking garbage…Move along.

iainc

Nobeer, ton – stw Arran ride ???? I’d be up for that too 🙂

seadog101

Poole arms on Poole Quay.

Surrounded by touristy tat all round, but always enjoyed a pint here. You have to come out of the pub and go down the alley to the left to get to the charming outside gents…

JEngledow
    Free Member

I think having a favourite pub is a little like having a favourite hand, I may spend more ‘time’ with my right hand, but it doesn’t mean I like the left one any less!

pete68
    Free Member

Ha mine is alao the bell at Aldworth as posted by dougd. In fact ive just got back from ride to there.

seadog101

This is the Centurion bar at Newcastle station. Not a good photo, but a stunning place for a pint while you wait for a train.

rj
    Free Member

Ah yes, I remember the old chap carving the dolphin with his chainsaw.

Coyote
    Free Member

When I’m working away I can pick pretty much any hotel in the New forest but I always stop here when I can.

Love it.

RoterStern
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=833T0eF8MSc[/video]

My local

woody2000

Red Rooster, Brighouse. Great beer and a warm welcome to muddy mtb’ers 🙂

dantsw13

[/url] Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

The Salehurst Halt in East Sussex. Great beer, great food, great views, and a naked charity calendar produced by the regulars!!

cardo

Welcome to The Riser..

Our Sponser and 2nd home..

RustySpanner

Pen Y Gwyrd:

Farmers Arms:

Marble:

bryan-g-

The MacDonald Arms Tobermory

chrisdw
    Free Member

This is the closest to me…
    Its alright 😉

The pics don’t do the view justice, but one of my faves – Thorntree in Matlock

tomhoward

Ooh oh I’ve been to cask down flashy’s way, it’s rather good! I err, think….

Int ‘north, it’s gotta be the sportsman in Huddersfield, couple of years since I’ve been, but it’s bloody good. Actually, all the locals where I used to live (the woodman at thunderbridge, the golden cock at farnley tyas, the white hart at Denby dale and the rose and crown at thurstonland) were ace.

*thinks very seriously about moving back…

a naked charity calendar produced by the regulars!!

Dear Christ no! (Opinion based on the regulars in my local(s))

Kevevs
    Free Member

Where’s the Farmers Arms Rusty? Is that In NWales? love a bit of Old Peculier

RustySpanner

It’s in Muker, in Swaledale, North Yorks.

Manages to pull off the trick of being a decent pub for both tourists and locals – really well kept beer, reasonably priced, well cooked, tasty food, real fire, friendly staff, great atmosphere.

It’s a pretty amazing place to ride an MTB too: Really interesting trails that anyone can ride, drains well, loads to go at, stunning views – up there with Snowdonia and Northumberland in my top 3.

Might be up your way in a couple of weeks if you’re up for a spin?

user-removed
    Free Member

The Stables; we actually bought our house partly because this pub is 10 minutes walk away through the fields. Proper old mans’ pub with huge open fire, fantastic food and it looks like someones’ house from the outside… Landlord ale, Stella for mid-dog-walk pints on a hot day, random guest ale

Incredibly welcoming in the winter, whether you have a muddy dog or a muddy arse – that fire is a God-send.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

At home:

where for a fiver you get…

Getting giggy in brum:

special mention to the Welly (Freemantle, Southampton) for when i’m down there, the pub by the weir in crickhowell (sp) wales for the ace food and beergarden, the old joint stock in brum (jaws drop the first time you take folk in there), and on the off-chance it still exists, the Spread Eagle near leicester train station – in ’99 i bunked off college to go to the demontford open day with a couple of friends – we ended up in there – still the only place i’ve ever seen the offspring’s self titled album on a (proper) jukebox. which reminds me, the rockstation&talbot in stourbridge for facilitating my angsty late teen years

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    Houns

Duke William Stourbridge

The Cat Inn Enville

The Plough Claverly

The Robin Hood Drayton

The Morgan Malvern

Basically anywhere that serves Wye Valley brewery’s beers

Houns

Oh and the Vine Clent for a pint of Wainwright

The Norfolk Arms Sheffers for a Pint of Farmers Blonde and for the Blonde I dated down the road 🙁

The Greystones Sheffers

George III near Barmouth

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

The Old Queens Head

Guaranteed a decent night out and full of totty!

mt
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member
    Had a think about all the pubs I’ve been to and decided these are my favourites.

Long time favourite- filthy, smelly and has at least 2 willies in the bathroom but welcoming and always fun.

Ha Ha the Nook may have great beer but its one of the only pubs that got worse after the smoking ban. Have you been to the Cricketers at Deabhouse?

piha
    Free Member

The Donkey at Tilford.

Nothing flash or fancy but always a warm welcome, even when dripping in mud, water, ice etc (complimentary towels offered to clean filth from face). Large good honest food portions for us bikers, gratis crisps, nuts or sometimes chips at the bar post ride. Try before you buy if they have a new beer on. Oh, it’s a blessing the Donkey isn’t within walking distance from my home!

ska-49
    Free Member

The Pandora Inn, Mylor, Cornwall. Had many birthday parties, celebrations and a graduation there..

Chainlocker, Falmouth, Cornwall. Special spot in the harbour. Lovely place.

Jacob’s Ladder, Falmouth, Cornwall. I lived next door so got mates rates, an annual tab, home delivery and lock ins. Awesome hippy spot.

It was at the top of these steps from town.. Lethal after a few Old Rosies at the pub on a winters night.

Edit: I use to work at the Old Bell, Aldworth. Wonder how many of you I’ve served 😯

theotherjonv

Is the donkey at charleshill, rather than tilford itself? Never been in, but feel tempted now!

Distinctly unlocal – 300 miles distant – but it was my local for 3 years and I still miss it and look forward to every chance to revisit

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

This is my local:

popped in there for many a quick pint on the way home from work and crawled out at 5am the next day.

Use it less now, as it is more like a restaurant nowadays. Sitting on the veranda overlooking the river on a warm summers evening is still one of my all time favourite places.

spyke85
    Free Member

Any to recommend in Bolton?

Woody
    Free Member

250 yards from my house in Lanchester, Durham 😉

wordnumb
    Free Member

I have no favourites, but if I did this place would probably be it:

Anyone ridden these steps? Looks a bit tight with the handrail.

ska-49
    Free Member

I have.. did it in my first year. Used a Charge Blender with 710mm bars. It’s the widest you can use. The top (round the corner) and the lower bit was easy. The middle is very sketchy. Never did it again.

Klunk
    Free Member

a great people watching pub as well as a nice pint.

another nelson… great for the sailing->beer->beach->beer->bed

billyboulders
    Free Member

Wordnumb – The Warren House is in a stunning location. The landlord however is the most unfriendly grumpy git to ever stand behind a bar so I rarely stop there.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Show us your favourite pub.’ is closed to new replies.