Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Show us your favourite pub.
  • billyboulders
    Free Member

I like this one, mainly because it’s halfway round one of my favourite rides and because it’s literally metres from the top of, IMO, one of the best downhill runs on Dartmoor (especially after a cheeky couple in the beer garden!)

Unfortunately I seem end up here more often though

Google image, thats not me in the pic BTW 😀

wordnumb
    Free Member

Oh no, I’ve learned the hard way about mid-ride drinking on Dartmoor – darkness descends and distances increase and the howling begins…

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed a problem with the staff at the Warren House, but then I’m usually so exhausted a Klingon wearing Laura Ashley could pull my pint and I wouldn’t register anything out of the ordinary. It’s like 250 years ago someone built a pub exactly where I’d eventually need a pub.

billyboulders
    Free Member

a Klingon wearing Laura Ashley

You’ve met him then! 😀

bullandbladder
    Free Member

What Mr.Gherkin said. Obviously a man of taste and style.

And not so local, the Saracen’s Head at Symond’s Yat.

Edric64
    Free Member
    pete68
    Free Member

Ska 49, I’ve been a local at the bell for 20 years so you were there during this time you’ll almost certainly of served me. I spend far too much time and money in there. Always plenty of bikers in there as well.

roger_mellie

Only been once many years ago, but the Peter Tavy Inn stood out.

And the Unity in Plymouth for uni days, before it was demolished to make way for a shopping centre.

Edit: ****ing posting photo fail 👿

Bregante

In recent years, the best boozer I’ve been in by far has to be the Hospital Arms in Colchester, unfortunately it’s a five hour drive away but it’s my brother in laws local and every time we’ve nipped there for a quick pint, we’ve staggered home many hours later to our angry wives.

Top boozer

dan314
    Free Member

Got to be my local, http://www.theferrytavern.com/ , situated on the TPT on the banks of the River Mersey just west of Warrington, home of the world famous Glastonferry festival!

JasonDS

2 mins down the road. Full of the characters of life.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Love this thread!

Chunky, was there to watch the Jubilee flotilla coming downstream. Rode on from there, following them along the river to Putney, then over for a bite at this rather lovely place;

The Pony!

Now I feel I must go to my local tomorrow night. And so I shall!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My fave local pub, Geordies Byre in Ayr. Looks like bugger all on the outside, but inside it is cracking. 4 or 5 real ales, around 2.65 a pint, a couple of times a day they bring out a tray of cheese n biscuits. There’s no swearing allowed (and the barmaids a very strong on this!) and no big groups of lads or lassies. Oh, and pickled eggs wi Tabasco. Heaven on earth.

ton

toxiksox…..2 of my regular haunts.

ton

had a tipple in here today…..bumped into marsdenman of this parish.
    proper nice boozer, awesome beer, I like it better in the winter after a mucky pennine ride.

Pieface

For so many reasons – The Marisco Tavern

richpips
    Free Member

Old Hall in Whitehough is the best round here.

In the Lakes, the Kirkstile Inn.

hora
    Free Member

Barony bar Edinburgh + Caledonian80 = 8)

Kevevs
    Free Member

Told you I’d get a pic!The view sat outside here today supping on a pint of Thatchers Gold after going up Nantlle Ridge was sublime 🙂
    IMAG0394 by kevinevs, on Flickr

bspoked
    Free Member

I’ve only been to five of these pubs. Must try harder.

lowey

I love pubs. Too many to list.

binners

This ones got to be on your list Lowey? The Irwell Works Brewery

This was a derelict shell a couple of years ago. They put a brewery in downstairs, and a bar upstairs. Simple. A great place to finish rides in’th’ills. They welcome muddy mountain bikers too. Which is nice

messiah
    Free Member

The Marine Hotel Stonehaven.

Been enjoying these Six Deg. North beers here recently.

Brewdog Aberdeen – the Flagship.

piha
    Free Member

@ theotherjonv, you’re quite correct, The Donkey is at Charleshill but Charleshill is actually in Tilford, The border is the bridge at Elstead 🙂

Can’t believe this one hasn’t been included yet…

Simply can’t be beaten on a stormy winters night and ain’t to shabby for a mid ride refresher on a summers day.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Trellech.

Plus, @ munrobiker – I know The Boat well.

llama

Never been anywhere else quite the same

DougD

Ska and pete, the bell is one of the things I miss most after moving up to Edinburgh, especially getting a 4 pint milk jug of some of west berks finest for the walk back down the Ridgeway to Streatley.

They just don’t do pubs quite as well up here 😉

ski
    Free Member

The Mug House – Worcester

http://www.themug.co.uk/gallery.html

It used to be on my cycling commute home, 😉 neat view of the Malverns and decent beer.

noteeth
    Free Member

Impossible to pick just one – but The Crown at Churchill (Mendip, Somerset) would be up there:

montylikesbeer

Ye Olde Boot and Shoe Rossendale

The Applecross Inn, Applecross

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Show us your favourite pub.’ is closed to new replies.