• This topic has 34 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by AntM.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show us yer Prince Albert (Dialled)
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

As described, please do not include any sensual accessories you may have had installed in your baby maker. Thanks.

Also where abouts you ride and what kind of terrain.

I’ve got a Mk2 520 on the way!

spock
    Free Member

You’ll not be disappointed!
    Its my only MTB so a bit of everything, great on steep stuff, and everything else if im honest!

HermanShake
    Free Member

I was drawn to it’s versatility, without being as fragile as some of the steel hardtails are.

Mine’s going to be 140 Revs, 2×9, GD post, Hope hoops, Candy pedals. In fancy pants pearlescent orange 😈

simon_g

I should probably carry a better camera around:

photo by kiteless, on Flickr

140 dual-air Pikes, Hope Hoops (5.1s), SLX brakes, rest is mainly Deore. It’s my only MTB, had a mk1 PA before it so had a PA of some sort for nearly 5 years now, still love it to bits. Perfect for typical southern riding with the odd trailcentre visit.

elliptic
    Free Member

The colour’s even more obnoxious in real life 🙂 still getting to know it, only had a couple of rides so far.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Mk2 520. 1×9, U Turn Pikes, Mavic 721s, Saint mech and shifter, Sunline 745 bars, Avid Elixirs. Built to last and take as much of a battering as I could give it. Weighed in at 28lbs which isn’t bad for that lot:

Used it for uplift days, alps trips, all day xc rides and it never let me down. Sadly sitting in a box with no components on it at the moment, but will ride again this winter.

Tom83

Use it as my ‘do it all bike’ including 20mile commuting each day on those 2.35 tyres. Don’t think I’ll be selling this on anytime soon.

HermanShake
    Free Member

So what do people make of the ride? I wasn’t sure whether to expect it to be too tough to be twangy or whether it’s a balance between the two?

I was drawn to the slightly bigger seatstays than other frames plus those amazing CNCd dropouts, so sick. Skinny seatstay plus tiny dropouts don’t fill me with confidence!

I like the black; is that a custom job?

carlphillips
    Free Member

I would say fit is the most important thing with these bikes…(and all i guess!)
    I am 5’9 (and a bit!) bought a 17.5″ PA and hated it…used it once and sold it on felt like a gate…I now own a 15.5 love/hate ss which i love to ride…did you get to try one before you bought it?

Yetiman
    Free Member

Herman – there’s a typical steel framed compliance to the ride that helps iron out fast rocky and rooty sections of trail but not at the expense of making it “twangy”. When you’re bombing downhill on one you’re in no doubt that the frame will take whatever you throw at it and it certainly gave me confidence to stay off the brakes when hitting rock gardens, steps and drop offs.

FYI – I’m just away to pack your frame 😀

Tom83

@ Herman – Yeah it’s been powder coated in the last month, the purple was getting a bit tired.

Mines just under 26lbs as it stands, bit lower once i go tubeless on the rear. I just find it a really nice bike to ride, i’ve had a BFe, 456, and an mmmbop in the last year, but i find this the best to ride overall. The Bfe was an amazing bike, but was just a little too stiff on the rear for my liking, as i have back problems. Was partly down to the larger seatpost diameter too i suspect, same for the mmmbop.

nuke

@ Tom…Where did you get the PA powdercoated? Were you happy with the quality of the finish?

My PA is in good condition in terms of no dings/dents but has picked up a good few scuffs in the paint during the grind of Winter and I was considering a re-spray.

Tom83

These guys did mine for me. Quality is really good, one little mark on the frame, like a ripple almost, but it’s tiny! Had to clean out the bottom bracket a little after, as i think their silicone bungs weren’t quite in properly, but that could be sorted by slapping in an old bb next time round. Took about a week turn round, and cost £35 total. HTH

HermanShake
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the PA and a Soul off the classifieds, after reading up on the Soul (something along the lines of “Cy suggested against 2′ drops”) I was put off. It makes sense that the BFe is their burly ride; clues in the name I guess! The Soul came up at a good price and has a pretty enthusiastic following. I’m more AM than XC though, so probably not a good match. Especially as there’s a 4′ drop I’ve been eyeing up.

The PA looks solid, strength over weight for me any day.

So after I’ve fiddled and fettled, the Soul and Meta frames will be landing in the classifieds. I’ll have to give the Soul a go just to see what all the fuss is about. Hooray for student loans 😆

I was considering the 456, Blue Pig,Alpitude, Soul, (which I bought in haste), and this but couldn’t see any for a good price until Yetiman posted. Cheers YM!

nuke

@ Tom…Thanks for info. Sounds good and, at that price, could afford a different colour each year 😀

Tom83

Haha yeah that’s my thinking! They even said they do a clear powder coat, that’d look funky i reckon!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Clear powder coat ❗

That’d look flippin awesome.

snotrag

When building up…

Whinlatter on Friday, celebrating the wedding in the only way…

Only had this onbe a couple of weeks – my 4th Frame from Dialled (3x Pa’s, one Alpine). Keep selling them then deciding I want a hardtail again!

I’ve changed from a Heckler to this. And also changed to flat pedals. I’ve been riding it loads – its so much fun.

Its my ‘main’ bike, and this spring I’ve really been getting back into riding again. Does local flat-ish trails and bridleways, and at the weekends the trail centres or big rides out in the country. Prefer the Pa to the Alpine I had – makes much more sense as a bike.

I’ve got 140mm forks, big brakes, and light but strong tubeless wheels.
    I’m also really please I’ve started riding flats again – somehow suits the bike. In just a few weeks I’ve found my line picking and jumping skills come back a little after all the ‘skill compensator’ bikes I’ve had.

My experience also tells me that you need to get the right size (err on the small side) and then make sure you run a straight post and get your weight over the fork, for good climbing.

Its really, really, really fun.

rOcKeTdOg
    bikeryder85
    Free Member

snotrag…what size are those tires? they look huge! 😯

snotrag

Only 2.25 Advantage, so about the same as an ‘old size’ 2.3 Highroller, if not a touch smaller. I guess the black rims are creating a bit of an illusion, and perhaps the skinny steel tubes. Those rear stays are only the diameter of an index finger.

I like the look of it overall though, suitably chunky.

flexo
    Free Member

Anyone know the frame weight?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I found some info saying about 2.46kg but I can’t recall which Mk frame or size. Either way, I think they’re on the “right” side of 2.5kg. This really helped swing it for me, I think the Blue Pig is roughly the same if not a smidgen heavier.

Does this sound right?

Random
    Free Member

Maxxis certainly appear to have the PA tyre market sewn up!

flexo
    Free Member

?

bikeryder85
    Free Member

thanks snotrag…guess it must be those rims, cause to me they looked way bigger than my 2.3 wtbs I’ve got.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Herman – I think the Mk1 was around 5.5lbs and the Mk2 slightly lighter than that so you’re probably not far off the mark.

That’s your frame packed and ready to ship. I’m clean out of bubble wrap 🙂
    I’ll contact the courier in the morning and email you once it’s on it’s way.

chilli
    Free Member
    flexo
    Free Member

Crap! I’m looking for a lightweight steel frame og thought maybe this was the ticket.

bullheart
    Free Member

I would post a picture of mine; I’m sat on the floor of a train from London Bridge next to it, but I’m a bit drunk after meeting Elf for beers and have no idea how to use my camera on my phone.

Best all round bike I’ve ever had though; 140mm Vans, Deore\XT and currently wearing 29er rims with skinny tyres…

bellerophon
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

MOD: Image removed due to malware

Framed weighs in at 5.5lbs, my build weighs in at 31lbs inc pedals; basically I transferred all the components from my Genesis Abyss, not sure how you get it down to 26lbs??

I ride every thing on it; cheviots, local trails in Scottish Borders and trail centres.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://[/img%5D

No idea what it weighs, but it feels fine for all day rides and a bit of plaing about 😀

mangoridebike

DSC01811 by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

I do regret selling it a wee bit, but it went to a mate so its gone to a good home. I sold it to fund a Morning Glory though so I don’t regret it that much 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

About as bad a photo as I could manage..

Frame off STW = £100
    Saracen Zen donor bike = £80 (inc. Fox Vanillas, XT Rear mech, full Deore)

Happy days!

AntM
    Free Member

IMG_1912 by AntMayer, on Flickr][/url] on Flickr

2 months old, loving it. RS 130 Tora Bolt through. Race Face Deus Cranks, Juicy 3.5s, Deore hubs with WTB rims. Sram X5/X7.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Show us yer Prince Albert (Dialled)’ is closed to new replies.