• This topic has 71 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • show me your xc race bikes
  • faithless
    Free Member

As the title says. Lets see them.

njee20
    Free Member

19.89lbs as pictured, as detailed in the thread at the bottom of page 3!

Nobby

So that’s what it looks like njee – I’ve only really seen it from behind.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Haha! Sorry, it’s not really fair sport, I’ll bring some 35lb Tesco special next time 🙂

Nobby

Following the death of fotopic I’ve not much close to hand. This is fairly recent although it’s lost a bit of weight since then.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pivots, linkages, shocks, those things have no place on an xc race bike 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not that I race XC (I just like having a lightish bike to help on the hills!) but if I did race this is what it’d be on:

pinches
    Free Member

9.51kg (20.96lb) as pictured.

Rosss
    Free Member

leggyblonde
    Free Member

XC race bikes with flat pedals?

rob2
    Free Member

The pic above has no pedals! 😉

Dougal
    Free Member

Bruuummm!

@nick – Calling your bike a ‘race bike’ might be taking things a little far. ;o)

tazzymtb

mrmo
    Free Member

amt27
    Free Member

pate
    Free Member

It’s quite fast but the engine is crap.
    It doesn’t have the flat bars and bar ends any more.

squiff
    Free Member

Taking both my little beauties to MM this weekend

steve_b77
    Free Member

pinches – Member

9.51kg (20.96lb) as pictured

If you don’t mind me asking, HOW?

XT tripple, Thomson finishing kit?

racefaceec90

am not a racer though 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Here is mine:

Weighs twenty seven pounds. Twenty nine including mudguards, pump, water bottil and cage, bell, etc.

I once came eighth in an International Mounting Bike Race on it.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

rotherhithe eh?

JamesD
    Free Member
    elaineanne
    Free Member

what is it with you lot. dont be so soft..get some flat pedals…tis the way forward.. ive got some nice grippy sunline pedals on my bike… infact i started off with flat pedals ..im just so talented 😉 :mrgreen:

from the windmills... Gorple rd

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No. Wrong side. That’s taken in Limehouse. Right next to King Edward Memorial Park, which I spose is in Shadwell.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elaine Anne; are you competing with Mamadirt and SueW for the title of ‘Tiniest STWer and bike’?

Tiny is good. Better for the planet. Long people should be charged more cos more material in their bikes and clothes more harm to environment. 😐

partyboy
    Free Member

I once came eighth in an International Mounting Bike Race on it

You mean you had to get on your bike as fast as you could?

elaineanne
    Free Member

Elfinsafety : yup ,im prob the smallest rider in the uk with smallest bike (just 14 inch 😉 (by ecky thump’ i also have a hardtail that is just 13 inch frame…. at just 5ft small im tiny,,,, lol

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pinches, that backdrop is strangely familiar….

Needs more Karl, though…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elaine Anne; with precious resources becoming ever more scarce, tiny is the only way forward for our planet.

If I had my way, everyone over 5’10 would be banned from owning a bike. Employed only to stack things on high shelves, and hold up umbrellas for environmentally optimised people when it rains. All they’re good for.

tazzymtb

well to balance out the small people consume less argument, you little hobbity types are usually chubbier so actually the volume of material used to clothe you is more than us big folk and you’re funny shapes so there are more offcuts and wastage.

and you all have second breakfasts*

* it must be true I’ve seen it on a documentary on the telly. It was like supersize vs superskinny with an elf and something about a magic ring and Dr Christian had let himself go a bit and was wearing a big grey beard

MikeT
    Free Member

Pinches, get your scales calibrated.

nonk
    Free Member

Dougal you git. 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Pinches looks like they’ve got lightweight stuff on it, can’t be far off 21lbs. My Rock Lobster (above) with what looks like similar kit and Fox talas 100-140mm forks, weights 21.5lbs. So, with those Fox 100mm forks, it must be close?

mrmo
    Free Member

re pinches bike, Mine is broadly similar bar the frame and comes in at 25lbs, so i expect pinches to be less than that, but 4lbs? not so sure. Unless of course my scales are wrong and the bike is lighter.

MikeT
    Free Member

OK, I have a large Scandal with SID forks, set up singlespeed with XTR crankset it does have a Thomson post but it has a KCNC stem (103g), FSA carbon risers 160mm front and rear Hope Mono Mini brakes with Ti Rotor Bolts and aluminium pinch bolts, XTR pedals a selle Italia 185g saddle and foam grips. The heavesiet part is the 1650g wheels which are tubeless with 480g tyres.

It ways (just) 21lb.

Pinches bike at a guess weighs around 24lb>.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Scandal frames weigh 3.25lbs I thought? same as the Rock Lobster Tig sl, I presume the wheels could be around 2 lbs depending on hubs, Rocket Rons I presume weigh slightly less than my Racing Ralphs (it sounds like they should) 2.25 lbs, Fox 100mm forks 3.35lbs???. Looks like Marta SL Mag brakes and fancy rotors, so 1.25lbs approx. XT chainset is approx 1.5lbs. etc etc, it could easily be 22lbs.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Here’s mine and it has a whole bunch of podiums to its name (rather than just calling one of my bikes a race bike ;-))

There’s more on the spec HERE or HERE

Rob
    bigrobracing.co.uk

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘show me your xc race bikes’ is closed to new replies.