Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Show me your xc hardtails
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Following on from the other thread, keen to see your decent HTs.
    Just spent a fair bit on mine so it's now about 22lbs (new brakes, entire drivetrain, rear wheel, already got lots of lightened parts from when it was standard – 2007 Stumpy Comp HT) and I think I'll leave it there but I definitely have a bit of MTB spending/lightening "illness" about me.

This is just before the new rear wheel went on two days ago (replaced with Hope Pro 2 hub, Mavic xc717 rim) – that shaved a bit more weight off. It's lifted the bike from "pretty good" to "very good" IMO.

Also – how often do you lot kill drivetrains? I'm on my third (cassette, chain, chainset, BB) now – one a year!

solarider
    Free Member

Nice to see the 'buy a decent frame and upgrade as stuff wears out' advice is working.

1st the light weight one. Not sure of the weight, but it rides nice.

2nd the not so lightweight one. Frame and forks now sold, but the rest of the kit has morphed into an Intense. Still, Steel does indeed ride very nicely.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

That Sola is lovely! My dad has my old (97) Stumpy – steel, fully rigid, V braked and still fun to ride.

Admittedly not everything wore out – saddle, seatpost, bars and a few more bits but I left most upgrades until they really were needed. My old hub (M525 that came with the bike) was comically knackered!

epicsteve
    Free Member

23lbs on my scales as shown here. It's been a bit lighter (SID Race forks instead of the Float RLT's) but I prefer it like this and might even go back to he 100mm Floats I originally had on it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

With Jucy carbons and a thomson seatpost now 🙂

Soon to be rebuilt with an XCPro3 frame 🙂

Edit: Ohh who put that picture in my post above – damn hackers….

njee20
    Free Member

I threw this together around Christmas, weighed 19.8lbs with Rocket Rons. Nice as it was to ride, the Fuel is nicer, so it's for sale if anyone wants a bargainous 18" 1240g carbon frame!

Edit: Mat you were right, screwed up the link somehow!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Steve – great pic!

Njee – am I being blind or is there no pic?!

the-muffin-man

coopersport1
    Free Member

Fractionally under 24lb when I put my Pro 3/ 355 wheels on
    May be selling the frame though for some carbon loveliness

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

njee – how did that ride? any good? its too small for me btw, just wondered though as ive seen a few of them on ebay recently….

tinsy
    Free Member

Brakes now on something a little more allmountain..

Guess its under 25lb, but more than weight alone, it flys and takes a tremndous pasting too…

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, get one, it was a great little frame! The top tube's are a bit short, so do check sizes. It was surprisingly compliant, nice and light, I'd definitely have another one! I'll probably end up keeping this one if I don't sell it, build it up again in winter!

I particularly like the chainset on that Ti Inbred 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

I think this was 22lb, but pretty sure the Scandal is faster.

oldgit
    Free Member

Taken the other night sorry about the poor mobile piccy

chiefgrooveguru

I doubt this will work…

Well that's a surprise, I can see the pic. Can anyone else? Not that it's terribly exciting, Boardman HT Pro with minimal upgrading (Hope BB, DMR V12 pedals, Mud-X which were on for winter and were taken off just after the photo was taken). Good bike, better than its rider.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

21.7lbs according to Njee's scales

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'd be interested to see the original Stumpie on njee's scales as well 'cause I've had another lightweight frame with a very similar component mix on it myself and when I weighed that it was more like 24lbs.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I need to get a pair of scales that some of you guys are using! It would get my bike under 20lb in an intstant.

I've always wondered when people say "about xx lb", where they get the figure from. Thin air perhaps? 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

You at BMBS2 Matt? I'll bring mine along, we can all compare!

I want to get my hands on Lloyd Bettles S-Works, he claimed sub-18, which I think is not even close!

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you know what's pleasing about all these posts?
    Not one single rigid fork.
    I'm clearly not the only person who found that lightweight isn't 'always' the fastest.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Used more for commuting than xc, but tempted to chuck some light forks on for some xc blasts. Weights arround 23lb (individual bits weighted, not weighted as a whole)

njee20
    Free Member

individual bits weighted, not weighted as a whole

**sharp intake of breath** that'll be a good 1-2lbs short then 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

As an aside, I doubt the OPs Stumpy weighs 22, considering Chris's Scale is 21.7!

oldgit
    Free Member

SilentSparky you bloomin well did that on purpose didn't you.

ajf
    Free Member

About 23lbs minus the snow.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

**sharp intake of breath** that'll be a good 1-2lbs short then

Don't spoil my illusion 8)

One things for sure its lighter than my PA with Pikes.

EDIT: Sorry Oldgit, but I did put a disclaimer that it was more for commuting and I'd potentially add sus forks for xc

epicsteve
    Free Member

My rigid bike is an Inbred with Pace RC31's. Lovely bike but even with light tyres on not only is it heavier than my Zion it's also heavier than my Epic.

It's also currently in commuter mode with slicks, flats and bar-ends and a rack (and still weighs a lot).

Daniel
    Free Member

I'll be the first Soul…

amplebrew

Here's my Litespeed Obed, really lovely bike 🙂

23lbs according to the wii fit scale.

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! I've not heard of anyone using the Wii Fit, good effort!

Coleman
    Free Member

Dad's xc hardtail

Son's xc hardtail – new frame and rest from the 'good spares' box.

PS. Not posting any weights coz njee's about 🙂

amplebrew

njee20 – Member
    Haha! I've not heard of anyone using the Wii Fit, good effort!

I'm not too sure how good it is though.

I stood on it twice and got 23lb.

It might be completely wrong though!!!! lol

epicsteve
    Free Member

Son's xc hardtail – new frame and rest from the 'good spares' box.

That's a very tidy looking little bike. I did something similar for my sons first 26" wheeled XC bike, but it's no-where near as nice as that (although it rides well):

It has some nice bits on it though – he lucked out as the only spare drivetrain bits I had available at the time were XT.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Some nice bikes here – veeery nice!

amplebrew

Another one of my favourite bike 🙂

Taken up in Aviemore during a fantastic's week riding 🙂

tthew

Maybe not what you'd consider massively special, but I like it. IIRC was quoted as 24 lbs in the catalogue when I purchased it, but have never weighed it in it's current guise.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Steel is indeed real! But now sadly frame is up for sale!
    Thanx Max

delusional
    Free Member

22lbs on the nose according to the fairly accurate parcel scales at work. It certainly feels fast!

In fact now I think about it since weighing it I've added the ti saddle and lost a chain tensioner, so may be a little less now (I've added a fair bit of dirt though).

grahamh
    Free Member

New frame built up.

tthew

I found a couple of pics of me 'racing' the Decathlon above.

Though the second one does look like I have small bloke in my camelback!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Show me your xc hardtails’ is closed to new replies.