Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show me your workstands..
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Moving house in a few week and ive got a spare bedroom as bike storage/tools/workshop kinda thing, will be needing a place to put all my tools etc whats the best thing to go for in a bedroom ta!

ourmaninthenorth

*Ikea Ivar shelving. With fold out desk as worktop.
    *Normal workstand.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

this is my spare room/workshop. like OMITN I’ve got some Ivar shelving and a smaller table to go in, to create a bit more space.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeah i was thinking something from ikea, ill have a look down there cheers 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

5lab

IMG_8694 by 5lab, on Flickr

IMG_8692 by 5lab, on Flickr

used to be a kitchen 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

Christmas morning 09, Look at the concentration…. 😳

It`s the only pic i have…. 😉

goog
    Free Member

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I so didn’t need to see that!!!

(like a peach they said, to which he replied, you mean orange and hairy)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

That’ll end in tears, 5lab. Clamp the seatpost, not the frame.

crofts2007
    Free Member

@goog – thought the post was for workstands, not somewhere to park your bike……….

granny_ring

lol

nuke

Here’s mine. Might not be height adjustable but the clamp mechanism is superb. Versatile enough for not just bike maintenance…

8)

ourmaninthenorth

goog’s gratuity aside…..

I don’t actually have what I recommended, though that’s what I’d do in your situation. Well, I do have Ivar shelving, but just use it for storing other stuff….

I’m moving house soon, so will lose my cellar and replace it with a garage. I built a workbench and bolted a Park bench-mounted clamp to it. I’ll do much the same at the new place.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I made one this week, used some old galvanised trampoline safety net poles that were lying in the shed, and some 1″ box section stainless I had lying about. Its very sturdy, folds flat, and the clampy bit works superbly. The top part comes off, so I can clamp the clampy bit onto the seatpost, then lift the top part back on with the bike, using both hands. All I want to do with it now is weld a handle onto the clamp nut, so I don’t need to use a spanner for it. Best thing is, it cost me nowt! 😀

flip
    Free Member

NeilF thats lovely, proper solid like 😉

Tracey

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Please don’t take this the wrong way, Tracey; but I want your stool.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

goog
    Free Member

oops 😳 I linked to the wrong pic, this is the pic I meant to post 8)

Pieface

I’m going to be putting some spare kitchen work-top in my cellar. Will it be strong enough for a vice? I was thinking of reinforcing the worktop with 2 sheets of 12mm ply either side, like washers sandwhiching the worktop and then the bolts for the vice will go either side.

5lab

surely a vice doesn’t put any strain through the worktop? I’ve got one mounted on mine and it’s fine

Tracey

Stool is great for bike fetaling, came from Aldi

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show me your workstands..’ is closed to new replies.