Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Show me your ScandAls please!
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

I can't afford any more bicycle related mistakes this year. Following the narrow escape attempted theft of my Slopestyle from work several weeks ago I've tried a shopping bike 🙄 , BMX cruiser, Apollo f/s bike and Cove Sanchez in an attempt to find something else for my commute, which I'm gonna be happy spending an hour or so in the local woods on when I take the scenic route home (all of which have ended up on the big 'E') . . . Oh and a tiny Orange Zero frame which didn't even get as far as being built up. I rebuilt my Inbred last week and have just bought a pair of 100mm Fox Terralogic forks off ebay but if I'm honest I'm done with singlespeeding for now so I'm looking for a tiny frame to complement them.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Corratec Bow?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes, very taken with the look of them but I've had a quick search and the cheapest is around £600 for a complete bike. I'e got all the bits so looking for a frame only really. I suppose I could sell the bits via my over-active ebay account – I'm starting to get messages asking if I've got a shop 😉 .

poppa
    Free Member

Could also try a 456SS if you fancy something silly slack. Probably a bit love or hate though.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Don't have any pics but I love my ScandAL. Very light and surprisingly comfy over long distances.

Built with 100mm Fox and XTR bits from my 'old stuff' box.

Extremely capable bike. Copes with a bit of rough well and enjoys chasing bigger bikes.

orena45

Old pic (has had a few minor changes since but still looks the same).

Has barely had any use this year tbh but I still like it very much, just prefer riding my Fuel EX8 more lately!

juiced
    Free Member

I'd go for a budget build such as a brand x frame or something for commuting and playing.

not sure you can run gears on this though
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTB-FRAME-Da-Bomb-CR8-Dirt-Jump-US-BB-13-Black-/400059604477?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item5d25691dfd

Northwind

I miss mine but it was never the bike I'd hoped it'd be, I foolishly believed On One when they said it'd be great with a 130mm fork. Brilliant 100mm XC bike though, my Soul's far better at everything else but in racy mode the Scandal took it. I might get another some day…

rOcKeTdOg

if I'm honest I'm done with singlespeeding for now
    😯

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Not mine , but my lads …… hasnt rode it much since he discovered girls !!

Rus
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers all – looking good. I'm pretty sure size-wise a 14" Scandal would be perfect as my Inbred feels great . . . if only it had gears 🙄 .

Maybe it's time to wtfu, and get the Inbred back on track again, eh? I've only ridden it once in the last year – at Mayhem last weekend – and that involved rather a lot of pushing although to be fair with 2.3 tyres and 36/17 things were never gonna be easy. Loved it on the downhills and twisty stuff though . . . hmmmmm . . . puts credit card away . . . for now

Bernaard
    Free Member

Heres mine in 29er flavour

pinches
    Free Member

Mine, 10kg on the nose.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Sorry to get all Njee on your ass, I can't see that being 22lb, mines 23lb and has lighter kit.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh, just found this one on pinkbike.com too 😛

But why spoil that nice rear wishbone with a large 'designed in Yorkshire, built in Taiwan' logo 👿

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Show me your ScandAls please!’ is closed to new replies.