Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Short am/dh stem?
  • petehunjan
    Free Member

Hi all, any recommendations on a very short stem? 11/8″ steerer tube. The shortest I could find are 40mm ones

Bagstard
    Free Member

Hi Pete, pretty sure you can get a raceface d2 in 30mm, but sure there other options. How’s it going mate?

kayak23

Azonic Zero stem…

Can’t get much shorter than that. Otherwise, get a 70mm and run it backwards… 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

Forget my suggestion, just checked and the smallest is 35mm, they also want £89.99 for something I paid £55 for four years ago. Maybe ask around for a second hand one?

petehunjan
    Free Member

Hi Scott,

I’m good thanks, been to Woburn a few times and been practicing on the transfer line as well as more xc stuff. Still trying to find the time to get to swinley or fod. Haven’t had much time during weekdays so it’s been weekends only sadly. Last sat was v busy, so i gave the play area a miss. Been reading through the brian lopes book u recommended, a v good read, thanks!

Trying to sell the rest of my diving stuff as I haven’t had the chance to dive at all since June:-( will really miss my rebreather, it’s kinda like losing one of my offspring. . . And the twinset, cos I d-lock the bike to it!!!

Re stems, I’ve gone from a 70mm to a 50mm one which feels better, so I’m wondering if a shorter one still would be even better. Won’t know till I try, but the cheapest raceface one I can find was £75, so I’ll ask on here and see what comes.

Hadn’t thought about running the stem backwards – do people actually do that??!!!

cakerider

only 5mm shorter but Funn Rippa http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15837

20quid gives you limited colour choice

loum
    Free Member
    mk1fan
    Free Member

Fire Eye do a 40mm stem.

petehunjan
    Free Member

loum, thankyou very much for the heads up!!!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Glad you have been out a bit Pete, I have hardly ridden except for my commute, but I’m off to Cwmcarn for a day of DH on sunday. I completely understand about the diving gear, my twinset and stage bottles are still lurking at my parents house, every time I see them the memories flood back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Short am/dh stem?’ is closed to new replies.