• This topic has 42 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • 'Shooting Horses' in the Pentlands – TBC Wednesday Evening Ride
  • ojom
    Free Member

The thread you have been lurking for is now here.

Usual drill, 'meat' at Shoppe at 6pm.

Ride to Bonaly Shop at 7pm.

Route to be decided based on an argument, disagreement and general consensus or lack thereof.

We will not be administering death to farm animals – the thread title is a joke, just in case any of you come packing heat.

Noobs welcome BTW so don't be shy.

Mark

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You got an "idiot's link" for the Bonaly Shop?

Noob here might make it along…

Gordy
    Free Member

I hope I don't confuse things by pointing out the wrong shop but I think it's this one.

I've been too lazy about fixing my brake to be able to tag along this week but I've made a sort of mental note to turn up for one of these rides eventually.

ojom
    Free Member

Gordy wins!

mieszko
    Free Member

Will probably show up if it won't rain. Very good first ride with the group and I can confirm all noobs are welcome as I was one last week.

Is Puke Hill considered as an option? Just need to prepare myself mentally for another "fun" uphill bit 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

I'm so there! I'll borrow Tree's machine gun for the horses.

jimmy

I'm gonna SHOW that farmer…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mieszko – Member

……………….
    Is Puke Hill considered as an option? Just need to prepare myself mentally for another "fun" uphill bit

Depends if we let mark pick the route or someone sensible

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Depend on whether he has recovered from Sunday.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Right.

Even though I'm scared, I'll be there.

Look out for a scrawny bloke on a blue Titus, looking bewildered at being in the Big City.

jimmy

Even though I'm scared

I was scared the first time I rode with Teej, too.

AlasdairMc

I'm not coming along but may see you up there – I've started a splinter cell of people from my work as it saves hanging around in the office for an hour.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Does that mean you've not been scared subsequently.

ojom
    Free Member

Depends if we let mark pick the route or someone sensible

you are getting a punch in the baby maker. just so you ken likes.

italspark
    Free Member
    Resin42
    Free Member

I'll maybe be through for this. I should be in slightly better shape than last time, hopefully I'll be able to keep up a bit better. 🙄

Kit
    Free Member

goshdarnit, I'm woiking 🙁

And then I'm moving on Sunday. Free time FAIL.

druidh
    Free Member

Is there any gorse?

jimmy

druidh – Member
    Is there any gorse?

Has bruce posted that footage yet?

markd
    Free Member

Yes, jimmy, yes he has. See pg3 of the Pitlochry thread or Facebook.

It is amusing.

AntM
    Free Member

I'm up for it, after my poor perfromance at 10UTB the other weekend I need some training.

Edraket
    Free Member

Hmmm well I would love to join in but it's probably not going to happen as I have a big art show that is opening the day after.

druidh
    Free Member

Route discussion today included going out to Balerno, up to Bavelaw, Exponential, Red Road, Kips Bypass to Green Cleugh and then see what's what.

Comments?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I'd climb up from currie not balerno but apart from that fine

bawbag
    Free Member

AlasdairMc, are you heading up earlier? I'd be up for a 6pm or so start as long as I get finished work on time.

AlasdairMc

Leaving Fountainbridge at 5, pace is likely to be something between mountain goat and painfully slow. Email in profile if you're interested.

debaser

Gah, not going to be able to make this one, which is a shame as my new multitool has an attachment for removing mountain bikers from horses hooves.

Oh, a tiny threadjack if I may… TBC folk, do you have any Marathon Plus 700c x 28 tyres in at the moment? Mine seem to have lost their anti-puncture voodoo in their old age.

robgarrioch

TBC Love-fest attendance FAIL… unless the friends who are coming to visit tonight don't appear.

Trails were riding great last night, dry & hard-packed, just a patina of dust when I got back. Smashing.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I'm out too. I could make up a cock and bull story about having a cold, but that is just indefensibly lame…
    Maybe next week.

Have a goon 'un

ojom
    Free Member

hey debaser,

we do http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/store/product/25762/Schwalbe-Marathon-Plus-26×1.50/ drop the drop down box for model info.

debaser

cheers TBC, I popped in at lunchtime and picked up a pair of the standard Marathons. Hopefully my journey to work will be at least 70% less sweary than it currently is 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Did you get your STW discount?

mieszko
    Free Member

Is the meeting time for Bonaly shop still at 7pm (and is it still Bonaly shop)?

I'll probably bring a friend with me, maybe two depending on his OH giving him a green light 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Sure is mieszko.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I'm heading up a bit earlier with some friends so I might see yous up there.

debaser

discount fail on this occassion. I always feel a bit odd coming into the shop and announcing that "I have come from the internet and therefore demand money off" 😉

You kind folks gave me the web price for a chain/some bits at the weekend and gave a discount on top of that too so I'm not worried about missing out today.

Mightily peeved that I can't make it along tonight though, it's looking nice out. hope everyone enjoys it.

mieszko
    Free Member

Pics from today:

Great ride, nice to meet You all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one chaps – ta.

according to my speedo ( which might be over reading a bit) by the time I get home its 38 miles at an average of 10 mph. No wonder I am cream crackered.

mieszko
    Free Member

It shows that STW massiv can combine radness to the power of sick x2 with jeycore xc speed, and throw some skids in the process.

Solid ride with good climbs and fun descents. Hopefully see You all again next week.

ojom
    Free Member

Aye a braw evening was had indeed.

Liked that new bit i hadn't done before but had been near for YEARS!

Good to see a couple new faces as well. The group is expanding to mass ramble status now…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘'Shooting Horses' in the Pentlands – TBC Wednesday Evening Ride’ is closed to new replies.