Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shoe / Wee Interface
  • grunty
    Free Member

The cat has p155ed on my cycle shoes (shimano tourer type with suede effect uppers). I have tried the following to remove the smell

Deodorant
    Oust
    Febreeze
    Mild Bleach Solution
    Stronger bleach solution.

The smell is still there!

Is there anyway to get rid the smell or should I just nuke ’em from orbit?

StuF

lots of mud, hide in boot of car and leave for a month. I’m sure the cat pee smell will go……

grunty
    Free Member

That’ll make the car smell!

I was cycling to work in them, but had to take them off and leave in the store room as they are quite pungent

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Ah no, bleach no good! We had a tom cat get in our kitchen and piss everywhere. Bleach made it loads worse for some reason.

We got some neutraliser from a pet shop, I think but non-bio washing powder/liquid is meant to work well too.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Sorry, meant to say biological washing powder – the stuff with enzymes in that actually break stuff down rather than just mask a smell.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you’ll never get completely rid of it

i’d suggest nukeing the cat from orbit instead

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I hope you wee’d on the cat in retaliation…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry but that really made me laugh.

grunty
    Free Member

Even Bio washing powder didn’t work. There is still a slight hint of Eau D’ Pisse de Chat

warpcow
    Free Member

I had a pair of trainers a few years ago that I couldn’t wear for more than 5mins without a particularly horrible aroma emanating from them (caused entirely by my sweaty feet). My cat obviously took offence to this and pee’d in them. Bizzarely the pee seemed to completely neutralise the smell of foot cheese. I got another good couple of years out of them without odour. Doesn’t help you,I know. Try putting them in the freezer for a while.

scotabroad

I have no idea if it works but I heard bicarbonate of soda helps (baking powder)????

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shoe / Wee Interface’ is closed to new replies.