Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Shock Length Reducer Bushes
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone used them?

Anyone been in touch with Kevin that makes them recently?

Is he still making them?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just drill some holes in std bushes?

singlespeedstu

The standard bushes already have holes in so drilling them would leave a slot insted of a bolt sized hole.

bighendo
    Free Member

would you ever notice the miniscule difference?, nah ..
    ????….. convince me you would!!

singlespeedstu

would you ever notice the miniscule difference?

That’s why my first question was.

Anyone used them.

🙄 😉

singlespeedstu

No one tried them then?

AndyA
    Free Member

Try southerndownhill.com, There’s a few guys on there have been using them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The standard bushes already have holes in so drilling them would leave a slot insted of a bolt sized hole.

Not nec, for the skillful bodger.

singlespeedstu

Not nec, for the skillful bodger.

I’d rather do things right than just end up trying to bodge things with kitchen implements. 😉

I think I’ll just get my mate to knock me some up in his workshop.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Keep wasting your cash then, up to you.

singlespeedstu

can you not read the “mate to knock me some up ” bit. 😆

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Stu – can probably knock you something up on one of the CNC’s @ work if you like?

slowrider
    Free Member

Ive got a set for my zesty. total 5mm offset-3mm at rear and 2mm at the front of the shock.

zesty is a 200×57 shock so in terms of shock travel (57mm) that doesnt sound like much, less than 10%. in terms of sag though its between 25% and 30% and thats how i think of it; its like the bike is already sat in to its sag a little bit before you even get on it, so the bb is slightly lower and the head angle is slightly slacker. you still get the full 57mm of stroke as its the overall length that is reduced rather than the stroke.

kev reckoned around 1% at the head angle. i havent checked this but it is noticeable. its still the same bike of course, but definitely slacker and lower. i had to add a little psi to avoid pedal clipping.

for the zesty its great; the bike handles best when run with 30% plus sag but then it blows through its travel really easily. by slackening it out i can run it with a bit less sag to achieve the same angles and reduce bottom out a bit too (though packing the air sleeve with grease was also necessary).

ive heard from him earlier this week, he is rushing around like a madman to keep up with interest!

as far as i know he is still making them, not short of demand anyway! he is also prototyping a few other products too though

singlespeedstu

Cheers bull that sounds just the job.
    Shall i drop the standard bushes off with the hairy one so you know what size to make them?

I’ll get you a few beers in. Just don’t tell old cynic up there or he’ll accuse me of throwing money around like it grows on trees. 😆

singlespeedstu

Cheers slowrider that’s the kind of answer I was looking for.

slowrider
    Free Member

hth 😉

bullandbladder
    Free Member

That’s fine Stu, let me know how much offset is required, too.

Were you not slack enough in Verbier then?

singlespeedstu

It’s to slack Amandas Heckler out a bit for our next trip to the mountains.
    Looking for as much offset as possible. Would it help if I gave you the shock aswell?

I’m slack enough already without the aid of bushes. 😉

bullandbladder
    Free Member

For a moment there I thought you were offering me a ‘Shocker’. Yikes.

Northwind

I tried a set in my Hemlock, not enough clearance unfortunately so it didn’t work (the rocker’d clash with the frame) but the parts were fine. Oh, he did send me the wrong ones twice but he was quick to sort it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Shock Length Reducer Bushes’ is closed to new replies.