Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • shock bushings
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

bought a santa cruz superlight 4 months ago and the shock bushings have worn out already … there is alot of play with the rear swing arm 1 is this normal to wear out so quickly ???

richie

jad
    Free Member

I’m with you on this. Bought a Yeti ASR5 and after 4 weeks, the lower shock bush was sloppy. Made of cheese.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

seems odd to me how much is shock bushings ??

cheeseburger
    Free Member

few quid but seeing as you’re going to be doing it quite often 🙂 you might as well buy a proper tool. Makes it so much quicker!

edit: i’ve got this one, there are various similar ones about tho
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=4262621#post4262621

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

cheers might just do that 🙂

oreetmon
    Free Member

doesnt sound normal to me in my limited experiance,,,, unless your uber-gnarl.
    had this problem with an orange five. turns out (in my expert opinion 😉 ) that one of the bearings had collapsed on the drive side. im thinking that this was the cause of the problem, the single pivot not to be working as it should and maybe causing more load on the bushes,,, i havnt had the same prob since.
    also check rear triangle for alignment (if that applies to your bike,,, think it does) as this could also cause probs.

oxym0r0n

Doesn’t seem normal to me – just replaced one on my ASR (polymer one from TFT) for the second time in 6 years…

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

when I took the shock off and moved the swing arm without a shock there was still alittle bit of play on the single pivot itself !

coatesy
    Free Member

Sounds like the main suspension pivot’s shot, that movement will take out your shock bushes pretty quickly, and will eventually do your shock as well if you don’t sort it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘shock bushings’ is closed to new replies.