Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano Saint/Middleburn
  • daveh
    Free Member

After a frustrating chain-sucking weekend at Afan I finally took the hint that my Saint cranks needed new rings. Obviously, its not a weight weenie crankset so I was all set to order some of Mr Shimano's steel deore rings. I've whipped the old chain rings off only to find they're both Middleburn. Am I slow on the uptake? Is this normal? If Mr Shimano saw fit to use Middleburn rings, who am I to choose otherwise? Anyone know what type they are, hardcote etc?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Thats not a standard setup, Shimano use their own- even on Saint.

DT78
    Free Member

Second hand cranks? My saints didn't come with middleburn rings…

daveh
    Free Member

Hmmm, curious. The cranks were bought new (in 2006) from CRC (least I'm fairly sure they were). I've just been for a poke about and the inner looks like a hardcote, the 'middle' looks like a hardcote slick-shift. I wonder how far back my CRC order history goes…..

daveh
    Free Member

Lol, I think i need some help here! I did buy the saint cranks new from CRC on 29/10/06, and I bought hardcote/hardcote slick-shift rings on 18/12/06. Mystery solved, its just me, but there again why would i replace the rings in less than 2 months and where are the original rings? Anyway, must go, some men in white coats have just arrived…..

snaps
    Free Member

Talking to yourself is…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint/Middleburn’ is closed to new replies.