Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano Saint – need a new left crank arm?
  • randomjeremy
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m having real difficulty removing the pedal from my left crank (Shimano Saint m815) – if I can’t get the bloody thing out do I really have to buy a new crankset? I’ve been googling but can’t seem to find anyone selling spares, just the whole crankset.

Other than that, does anyone have any surefire tips on how to remove stuck pedals from cranks? (Yes I have taken into account the left hand thread 🙂 )

cheers

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Ok so I got there – sprayed GT85 in the threads, hooked up the biggest adjustable spanner I could, leaned the crank against a wall and jumped on it. Threads seem fine. Never underestimate the leverage an angry fat man can produce, I guess.

z1ppy

Haven’t seen the question asked lately but in the distant past IIRC some asked about replacement XT or SLX crank arms… the new spare price was more than a discounted chainset.

Try heating up the crankarm?

EDIT: Doh! Must learn to type quicker.

seanoc
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple spare I think; can’t remember if they are left or right. I know that both are 175 though. Anygood?

seanoc
    Free Member

tell a lie….they are drive side 170mm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint – need a new left crank arm?’ is closed to new replies.